Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping doesnt come up too often on this site. I have never been camping in the summer. Ive been many times, but always in the w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping doesnt come up too often on this site. I have never been camping in the summer. Ive been many times, but always in the w

Camping doesnt come up too often on this site. I have never been camping in the summer. Ive been many times, but always in the winter. I LOVE CAMPING, so the winter is still fun. When do you go? Should i try the summer time? And does anybody else winter camp?

I love to camp during the summer, no need for a heater. I would say that you need to try camping during the summer aleast once, just to see if you like it. I have never tried winter camping, I only have a tent and I don't want to try and heat it.

Comment

I only winter camp during deer and upland hunting season when a room isn't available. A rustic campsite is now $20/night - only a few bucks more for a cheap motel room, which has a hot shower. Used to camp much more when sites were $5.

Of course, you should try summer camping! I guess it depends on where you are, but you do have to deal with the heat and the bugs ... black flies in some parts of the year and mosquitoes the rest. Then there's the raccoons and bears. Then there's the whippoorwills that will keep you up all night during their mating season. Hmmm, winter doesn't sound so bad. Seriously though, summer is the best ... especially if you drink cold beer and appreciate ladies in shorts and swimwear.

Comment

If you can, Spring and Fall are the absolute best times to camp. Perfect weather and very few snakes,skeeters,no seeums,ticks, chiggers or yellow jackets. Great for fishing or hunting too!

Comment

Sping and Fall. April and October are good months, not too cold you can have a fire and it corresponds with Spring Turkey, Crappie, and Bow season if you need any other reason to be there!

Comment

i'll camp anytime but summer is a great time. i love the sounds you hear at night, the temp usually gets very comfortable and you have more daylight to work with.

Comment

I have camped in every season except for winter. It has always been kind of a dream of mine to do some winter camping though.

Comment

I usualy go a few times in the summer with my college buddies but it is more of a party than a camping trip. I do most of my serious camping in the spring and fall. I used to go winter camping every year but it is getting harder to find someone to go with me anymore. Winter camping is probably my favorite.

Comment

The only time I winter camp is when I go hunting, other than that I always go camping in the summer.

Comment

I have several favorite places to camp. In the midwest, my favorite is Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. In the west, my favorite is Glacier National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park and various national forests inbetween. This is a good spot for info:

http://www.parkcamper.com/

Comment

Spring and Fall is perfect for us!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad