Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to buy a compound bow, but it couldnt be more then a couple hundred dollars. I am a beginner so nothing to fancy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to buy a compound bow, but it couldnt be more then a couple hundred dollars. I am a beginner so nothing to fancy.

I would like to buy a compound bow, but it couldnt be more then a couple hundred dollars. I am a beginner so nothing to fancy.

i would shop at field and stream online

Comment

I bought my first bow in 07. Its a Parker Wildfire from my local Bass Pro. Their bows are pretty good for the money. If you need one cheaper than a Parker you might have to go with the "used" route.

Comment

Might have to go used. Make sure it fits your draw length, though. If you are unfamiliar with that then stop by a pro shop and pick their brains. They might actually have a trade in.

Comment

A bow for a couple hundred will be tough. Go on ebay and get one used. Read up on the bow beforehand. You wannna make sure your getting a deal.

Comment

Most people would laugh when they first saw my bow, but after they watched me shoot it they would surly cry and have major fits. I bought my bow about 20 years ago from a co-worker who was buying a new one. I paid him a whole $65.00 for his old Bear polarII but her's where the fun beguins- I bought a good quality (Pollington) red dot sight for it, a good quality rest (wisker bisket), a Bear release, and I use Beeman carbon hunter arrows and Muzzy 3 blade 100grain broadheads. The bow is long and heavy but that makes it very accurate. With the red dot I don't have to guess where my arrow is going when I'm in a treestand, wherever the dot is, the arrow goes. Don't get caught up into the short bow fad, any little twitch you make is magnified more so with a short length bow. There are some very good bows out there for next to nothing, all you have to do is add a few quality components to them and you'll have the best "Hunting" bow you could ask for.

Comment

Fred Bear odessey

Comment

The Odyssey II is more of a youth bow. Max draw is only 27". Dont know how old you are.

Comment

my bow is an old proline in fact its pratly made of wood but i bought it used with a 50 doller PSE sight on it and i got the bow for 50bucks not bad by me

Comment

My 18 yr old son bought a bow in your price range from
                    Bass Pro because he works their and got a good discount buying their brand. That dang thing shoots good. Better than anything I started out on.

Comment

are you left hand or right

Comment

lefty ambriati

Comment

Bass Pro is your best bet to get one!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad