Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rather hunt the southern states by Alabama and Georgia or the Northern States Wisconsin Michigan? What part of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rather hunt the southern states by Alabama and Georgia or the Northern States Wisconsin Michigan? What part of

Where would you rather hunt the southern states by Alabama and Georgia or the Northern States Wisconsin Michigan? What part of the U.S. has the best hunting opportunities?

i love the North i have to say that nothing against the south but from what i have seen down south i just like my north more

Comment

Weather wise the South but for really big deer KS works pretty well.

Comment

North or south I would go north to for the bigger sizes also. Shh. This is a secret. I think Colorado is best since you can hunt whitetail, muley, elk, moose, bear, pronghorn, sheep, goats, turkey(2subs), pheasants, quail, grouse, cottontails, jackrabbits, snowshoes, coyote, bobcats, mount. lions, fox, doves, duck, geese( snows, blues, can., specks,). I will stop with that or my fingers are going to cramp. Granted some of the big game is hard to draw a tag but the opportunity is here.

Comment

I would rather hunt in the north, because i have lived in northern mn all my life. and its really fun to stalk deer in snow and cold. and the deer up here are fairly big so it makes it very fun.

Comment

im from wisconsin and id say if ur gonna pick wisconsin hunt southern wisconsin...there isnt much happening up north...thanks to the DNR

Comment

I grew up in the south and shot my first 40 or so deer in Fla, GA and Ala. No way I would give up hunting in KS and MO to hunt the South again. Hunted Alaska and Colorado too. Alaska is tops, more critters, easier to draw tags, more land to hunt,etc, etc.

Comment

im from wisconsin and we have record deer every year
                so i would have to say WISCONSIN

Comment

I would say the North less people to compete with and a lot of land.

Comment

Where you from sportsman21 I am in the Northwestern part of WI, near Rice Lake. I understand what you mean the sheer numbers of lots of different animals have been out of sync for the last 5 years. Whats going on?

Comment

I have never hunted down south, but would like to try it someday. I do know however, the deer are a lot bigger up north and I like bigger deer. I would lke to give Georgia a try someday though.....

Comment

Have hunted north and south and for deer I would have to say that I prefer the north by far. Not only are the deer much larger, but you typically have the visibility to see them from mile away in most areas. In Georgia, it is common to sit in a tree with about a 50 yard visibility and see only those deer stupid enough to come that close. In S. Dakota, I once counted over a hundred deer running down a trail I was hunting and that was just one herd. I like hunting the more open land.

Comment

hjohn,

Don't worry about coming to Georgia, you can only see 5-6 yards in any one direction and all we have are rabbit size fork horns and spikes...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad