Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you accumulate stars in your ranking and has anyone ever gotten test products or is that a crock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you accumulate stars in your ranking and has anyone ever gotten test products or is that a crock?

how do you accumulate stars in your ranking and has anyone ever gotten test products or is that a crock?

You accumulate stars by being acive on the site and posting questions to answers, getting your questions answered, and posting comments. I have personnally never gotten gear, i havent taken the survey, but i have heard of some people that have, and i think they get their gear testers for the magazine from this.

Comment

jamesti,
      Your doing it right to accumulate points. Just last week I was offered a chance to test four different backpack tents, and I got to keep them. I thought I would need a frame pack to give them a workout, which I don't have, so I declined the offer. I should have taken it because I have a regular backpack that would have probably worked.

Comment

I meant to add that those who test, and probably those that decline products, are removed from the testing list for a substantial period of time. So you've already moved up.

Comment

I tested sleeping bags for F&S last fall, so it does happen. However, a comment on Jim's post about testing and being removed from the list. When I read the rules for posting etc...on this site, I'm pretty sure it stated that the people who are the most active on this site are the ones that get to test the gear, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Agreed with KMB33 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad