Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you folks have been trained in CPR or other life saving techniques? On December 23 my Dad experienced a seizure whil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you folks have been trained in CPR or other life saving techniques? On December 23 my Dad experienced a seizure whil

How many of you folks have been trained in CPR or other life saving techniques? On December 23 my Dad experienced a seizure while deer hunting with me. His breathing and heart stopped. CPR on my part brought him back and bridged the gap until the paramedics could take over. He is alive!!!!! I'll write more about this experience when I have time. Don't find yourself looking into a loved one's eyes, seeing the light go out of them and not be able to do something about it. I challenge you to make this a priority in the first weeks of the New Year. LEARN CPR!

Bee, Thank God he is alive. I've been wondering what was up with you. Had CPR training in the Army, Fortunately I've never had to use it.

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention scroll down there are some questions for you about your calls.

Comment

Like Del said, thank God that he's alive. And I too am trained to do CPR. Let's just hope I never have to use it.

Comment

Wow, if this doesn't motivate you to get trained in CPR then nothing will. I'm searching for my local class schedules right now. Glad he's ok, and that you were there.

Comment

Had to use it this past summer. Gentlemans heart stoped, i got a pulse back and had to do rescue breaths till emt's got there. Have had lots of training in cpr and really all training just kicked in. He ended up living, was my first time to use it.... and it sucks. But your right being trained in such life saving techniques are priceless!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up BeeKeeper!
              Yes I have had it also.

I'll pray for your father ... it's been said that when a loved one suffers a setback such as your Dad, God is giving the people that love him time to express their love for and to him, to resolve and forgive any differences they may have had, so their relationship may continue to prosper in harmony and Love.

Beekeeper,thanks for sharing with us!
              Darryl

Comment

My employer trains us yearly in CPR and other first aid

Comment

I call that sound advice. I hope your Dad recovers promptly and completely. Good work, Bee. You were in the right place at the right time to keep this from being a tragic memory. I hope the New Year is a safe, healthy and happy year for all on this forum.

Comment

There are those who think I carry crazy stuff like my VHF Hand Held and SPOT, but after 20 years assisting Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement and Search & Rescue, you never know what, when and where!

It is not a question of IF!

It is a question of WHEN!

I've been lucky so far, my number came close at time to come up, not yet and I have showed Alex how to use my SPOT.

Comment

Thankfully, he is ok. Yes, for years I have been trained in CPR and first aid.

Comment

Great post Beekeep, yes everyone should learn CPR. I've never had to use my training, but it's nice to know when the need arises.

Comment

I am a certified rescue diver. I haven't had to use any of my training yet but its always good to know what to do when things turn for the worst.

Comment

I had CPR training from the Marine Corp and the Army,I had used it several times during my combat tour from Afghanistan and Iraq..I also have current CPR training for my job at the hospital which I used it several times to the people that needs it until the paramedics get their...I'm glad that your DAD is Alive because of you..I hope that you have a wonderful and a Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Beekeeper, I'm glad you were able to get your dad to the hospital and I hope recovers quickly and fully. Your post was a deja vu experience for me, as I had to perform CPR on my father until the ambulance arrived and got him to the hospital. As you pointed out, I was able to do something positive instead of standing by helplessly.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad