Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got off of the ioutdoor life web site and it is set up pretty much the exact same, down to the pictures of tattoos at the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got off of the ioutdoor life web site and it is set up pretty much the exact same, down to the pictures of tattoos at the

I just got off of the ioutdoor life web site and it is set up pretty much the exact same, down to the pictures of tattoos at the bottom. What is up? Who copied who?

Theyre both owned by the same company, Time Warner...This is from their website:

Field & Stream and Outdoor Life, the No. 1 and No. 2 outdoor titles in the world, have a combined circulation of 2.45 million and an audience of nearly 16 million. Time4 Outdoors, publishers of Field & Stream®, Outdoor Life® and SHOT Business®, is a division of Time4 Media®, the world’s leading publisher of men’s enthusiast magazines. Time4 Media is a subsidiary of Time Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX).

Comment

WOW you know your stuff.

Comment

When I was a kid and Cactus Jack was with OL it was my favorite magazine. I still get them both but now days F&S is the fav.

Comment

I thought Bonnier Corp. owend/ran Field and Stream and Outdoor life?

Comment

KingFisher- I just did some more research and F&S and Outdoor Life are now owned by Bonnier Corp. They were bought from Time Inc. in 2007.

KMB- To answer your question, since both magazines are owned by the same company, it is more cost effective to design one website style and use it for both F&S and Outdoor Life. Thats why they do it.

Comment

Good info, I knew they were owned by the same company but I didn't realize they had been bought from Time warner. If you check you subscription notices, they ares shiped to the same building in florida, I am guessing they are across the hall from one another.

Comment

Bonner Corp owns both mags...

Comment

Both are by the same company. Theres no copying involved. The magazines are the same too.

Comment

Thanks all
                    i figured they were by the same people but i didnt know for sure.

Comment

Agreed with KingFisher907 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad