Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about 20 gauge smooth bore slugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I like it!

Leave a comment:

• shot2020
    replied
    hey kolbster

how would you like to stand 40 yards from my 20 ga and I'll shoot at you and you tell me if it hurts like being hit by a rock! get serious.

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    I use a 20ga. because it is light, does not kick, and if you need more power you just put a 3in. mag. in it.

Leave a comment:

• NNMountaineer
    replied
    If you play with different loads to find what shoots best out of your gun, you should be able to find a rifled slug that is accurate to 50 yards, maybe further depending on what type of sight you use. They also have plenty of power to kill deer out past 150 yards.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    if you shoot past 40 yards you will be better to throw a rock.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Twenty guage slugs will do the job on a deer but there are better choices if you are not limited to a smooth bore and/or 20 guage.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    They shoot faster than 12 ga with less kick.

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    20 ga slugs will have adequate power on deer sized game if thats what your wondering. I have found them to be plesent to shoot and quite accurate out of my 870.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    My pa shoots 20 ga brenneke slugs out of a smooth bore 870, very accurate at 50 yards and plenty of power, i sighted it in for him this fall and i would be very comfortable shooting it at 75 yards.

Leave a comment:

• What do you guys think about 20 gauge smooth bore slugs?

What do you guys think about 20 gauge smooth bore slugs?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
    by FirstBubba
    I've been throwed, tossed, kicked, pawed, bit, fallen on, shat upon and laid in a cold March rain with no shirt on to dig a breach birth foal out of a...
    Today, 04:28 PM
  • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
    by Ontario Honker Hunter
    New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
    06-24-2020, 08:09 PM
  • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
    by 99explorer
    The COVID-19 virus is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
    Donald Trump is not concerned about it.
    Open up the country for...
    Today, 04:25 PM
  • Reply to The End
    by fitch270
    I'll continue to check in but I'm not wasting my time looking for something interesting.

I received the latest F&S issue yesterday,...
    Today, 04:18 PM
  • The End
    by Ontario Honker Hunter
    This site is officially in the toilet and flushed dry. It's a shame. Used to be a great place to find product reviews and exchanging information and stories...
    Yesterday, 02:10 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X