Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tick season is almost here. A teen I know got Lyme disease last year. What do you do to repell ticks? more in 1st ans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper!

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Permanone. I have sawyer's.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Deer ticks, especially the juveniles, are so small that it would be near impossible to see one in my thick head of hair. It gets cut short at the beginning of each season. I also wear long tight poly underwear similar to Under Armor.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    When you buy mosquito repekant check to see if it repaells ticks. I know "Off" does.

Leave a comment:

• NNMountaineer
    replied
    Permenone is good stuff as mentioned above, only apply to outside of clothing, will kill ticks that craw on your clothes. Got into a nest of seed ticks once and found hundreds of dead ones on my socks and in my boots, did not get one bite.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCreekBum
    replied
    All are good suggestions. I always heard to eat garlic and onions. Im guessing that it will work for ticks and also other people

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    Just spray with bug spray, and check very well when I get home. Ive never found a tick of any kind buried in my skin. Ive always caught them just walking on my skin.

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    I blouse my trousers (thank you USMC). I also use the spray Skin-so-Soft in the pits. I do know that blousing your trousers works because I have used it without the spray and never had a tick. I use the spray as kind of a belt and suspenders treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Permenone on my clothing and boots only. Do not apply to skin. Works great. If we didn't have it in my area the ticks would carry you away.

Leave a comment:

• silsbyj
    replied
    They dont seem to like me all that much but my dad is a different story. He takes a eyedropper full of liquid vitamin B-12 every day during the summer and he doesnt have any problems with ticks, mosquitos, and chiggers.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    I heard to add a bit of rubbing alcohol to that Avon helps also, never tried it but I'll use anything to prevent those ticks. Last spring I got one and I carried a itching lump till fall.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I take a bath with a capfull of Avon Skin so Soft bath oil. Ticks won't touch me for at least a couple days. Permenone is bad stuff I would rather not use.

Leave a comment:

• Tick season is almost here. A teen I know got Lyme disease last year. What do you do to repell ticks? more in 1st ans.

Tick season is almost here. A teen I know got Lyme disease last year. What do you do to repell ticks? more in 1st ans.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad