California wants to ban diesel semis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California wants to ban diesel semis.

They says they are the heaviest polluters. What about container ships cruise ships and airplanes. Just a little food for thought. We won’t talk about how diesel has more energy per gallon than gasoline. How it takes less energy to refine. Anyways the loons on the left coast are at it again.

We just can't get enough diesel.
    I'm waiting for them to come out with a diesel-powered wrist watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      We just can't get enough diesel.
      I'm waiting for them to come out with a diesel-powered wrist watch.
      If they made one I would have it. They make a diesel watch google diesel watch and see what comes up. It’s ok for Europe to have diesels everywhere but it’s not ok in America. Don’t let Europe fool you they are not leading the way with green house gas emissions. They are having trees cut down in America and they are made into pellets to be burnt in wood fired boilers for power plants. But because one sticky little rule from years ago say it’s ok. They buy the pellets buy the super hauler ship loads. Think Edmund Fitzgerald but bigger. It’s all a big scam just like electric cars. What the hell is going to generate all the power to charge the damn things.
      Last edited by Milldawg; 09-21-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

If they made one I would have it. They make a diesel watch google diesel watch and see what comes up. It’s ok for Europe to have diesels everywhere but it’s not ok in America. Don’t let Europe fool you they are not leading the way with green house gas emissions. They are having trees cut down in America and they are made into pellets to be burnt in wood fired boilers for power plants. But because one sticky little rule from years ago say it’s ok. They buy the pellets buy the super hauler ship loads. Think Edmund Fitzgerald but bigger. It’s all a big scam just like electric cars. What the hell is going to generate all the power to charge the damn things.
        And it’s not just the charging of the ‘damn’ things Milldawg, it is the mining of all the elements to produce the damn batteries, and some 85% of the elements are controlled by China. How is that fact for stupidity !?!? Just what can we expect car prices to become when china squeezes us by the goobers for the elements to produce these miracle climate savers ? If we think that electricity is our hope for the future...........it will be a death wrap for America when it becomes the only source of power. Just how are prices going to be controlled, by whom, and why would they be when there will be no other competitive source. It is costing billions and billions to install solar and wind, and those producing the money for those sources are to demand payment back ! Guess who the payers are going to be............
        Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 09-21-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

That eliminates moving trucks so nobody else can leave.

Comment

A guy with a hybrid told me they now encourage EV owners to charge outside the garage or at public stations.

Dodge has announced it is discontinuing the Dodge Diesel P/U.

Comment

Well thank god for biodiesel. I actually am starting to do a little research on how to make my own biodiesel taking waste oil and waste cooking oil and reusing in my opinion is a good idea. Keeping cooking oil out municipal sewers is a great idea. And I would like to have a a way to reuse all of my used engine oil.

Comment

Well thank god for biodiesel. I actually am starting to do a little research on how to make my own biodiesel taking waste oil and waste cooking oil and reusing in my opinion is a good idea. Keeping cooking oil out municipal sewers is a great idea. And I would like to have a a way to reuse all of my used engine oil.
                Honestly 'dawg, I wish you well in that endeavor.
                Let us know how that works out for you.
                I'm so happy with my '01 Cummins, I'm scared witless to put anything but diesel in it. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Honestly 'dawg, I wish you well in that endeavor.
                  Let us know how that works out for you.
                  I'm so happy with my '01 Cummins, I'm scared witless to put anything but diesel in it. LOL!
                  From what I have read so far it’s not as cost effective as what it used to be. Unless diesel keeps going sky high. And even then I would have to put the extra large tank on my truck to make it worth while. The centerfugue to properly clean oil before use has gone up to 1500 bucks. That’s a lot of used oil to go thru before it starts to pay for itself considering I have to cut it with bio or regular diesel. Lots of things to consider.

Comment

For a while there, it looked like it might be cheaper to run an engine on Zippo lighter fluid.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/12/1...gine-fuel-gas/
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-22-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Whisky may be the wave of the future.

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/scie...can-power-car/

Comment

From what I have read so far it’s not as cost effective as what it used to be. Unless diesel keeps going sky high. And even then I would have to put the extra large tank on my truck to make it worth while. The centerfugue to properly clean oil before use has gone up to 1500 bucks. That’s a lot of used oil to go thru before it starts to pay for itself considering I have to cut it with bio or regular diesel. Lots of things to consider.
                        Gotcha! I'll keep watching.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to BIG deer! (?)
                          by FirstBubba
                          To say they are "spooky" is an understatement....and they travel in herds with lot'sa eagle eye vision eyeballs to watch on all directions!...
                          Today, 10:05 PM
                        • BIG deer! (?)
                          by FirstBubba
                          We came down to south Texas to spend a few days with the youngest.
                          We helped assemble a chicken house/run.
                          This morning, we all walked out...
                          09-25-2022, 09:43 AM
                        • Reply to BIG deer! (?)
                          by 99explorer
                          I knew a cattle rancher back in central Texas who shot an aoudad that had wandered onto his property, having escaped from an exotic game ranch.
                          Today, 10:05 PM
                        • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                          by fitch270
                          Jackson Browne

”Doctor My Eyes”

Today, 10:03 PM
                        • TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                          by fitch270
                          Good tunes to cure what ever ails ‘ya this week.

Robert Palmer wanting a house call.

Today, 09:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X