No announcement yet.

TGIF - Gods and Godesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve learned about new bands, songs I hadn’t heard at all, covers I hadn’t heard, and put bands together with songs that I didn’t realize were theirs.

Oh yeah, can’t forget about the dobro!

Might have to give a little latitude on this one. Falling back on Google isn’t helping much this week.

Yes

”Lift Me Up”

Comment

Sawyer Brown - "Thank God For You"

https://youtu.be/nSDt_v2K_dY

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Thanks to PH for picking up my slack today. I’ve been late getting aboard the past couple weeks, work has cranked up for the season and we’re back in school mode having to once again drop off my daughter in the morning since the Kid’s no longer giving her a lift.

I’m sure this one from Fleetwood Mac will be PH approved.

My pleasure. Great song!

Comment

Def Leppard - "Gods Of War"

Comment

PigHuntress and I went out last night for some dancing. Stopped by a karaoke bar on the way home for a song each. She sang "What's Love Got To Do With It". The crowd loved her!

I did a Tom Petty - "You Wreck Me"

Rescue me
            Should I go down
            If I stay too long
            In trouble town​

Comment

Comment

"I’ve learned about new bands, songs I hadn’t heard at all, covers I hadn’t heard, and put bands together with songs that I didn’t realize were theirs."

And don't forget, all you've learned and come to like about Bruce Springsteen!

Or not. (At least I didn't say "love about Bruce Springsteen".)

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  "I’ve learned about new bands, songs I hadn’t heard at all, covers I hadn’t heard, and put bands together with songs that I didn’t realize were theirs."

Fair enough!

Comment

God's Gonna Cut you down.
                    Johnny Cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Fair enough!
                      It just dawned on me -- as I was recalling the, ahem, unkind remark you made about Manfred Mann "fixing" Bruce's song for him -- that there's a David Bowie cover of Bruce's "It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City," which sorta fits the category.

I am not a Bowie fan by any means but it's a respectable cover. Weird song, but then a lot of them were in the early 70s.

David Bowie-It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City - YouTube

Comment

It just dawned on me -- as I was recalling the, ahem, unkind remark you made about Manfred Mann "fixing" Bruce's song for him -- that there's a David Bowie cover of Bruce's "It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City," which sorta fits the category.

I am not a Bowie fan by any means but it's a respectable cover. Weird song, but then a lot of them were in the early 70s.

David Bowie-It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City - YouTube
                        The truth is I stole that line from one of the comments from the MMEB video on YouTube. There were some far worse, I just got a kick out of it.

Bowie was an odd duck but some of his stuff was really good. Never bought any though.

Comment

Hahaha! Matt you have indeed caused me to appreciate Springsteen. I sing three now and then.

"Dancing In The Dark"

https://youtu.be/8mAPPgO0UHU

"I'm, On Fire"

https://youtu.be/vs34tDnIhfs

"Born To Run"

https://youtu.be/BkITLsJBHPg

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad