Politicians and Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politicians and Outdoors

In your lifetime, who would you say was the best president in terms of issues concerning outdoorsmen?

Likewise, your respective state administrations, if you don't mind saying what state you live in.

As far as outdoor issues, I would have to
    say Theadore Roosevelt Jr. !

Comment

In your lifetime...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
        As far as outdoor issues, I would have to
        say Theadore Roosevelt Jr. !
        The top conservationist ever to sit in the Oval Office, for sure -- but knowing we'd all probably say T.R. is one reason I specified, "In your lifetime." I know you're no spring chicken anymore, Richard, but come on now! 😉

Comment

President Ronald Reagan Signed the Firearms Owner's Protection Act of 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

The top conservationist ever to sit in the Oval Office, for sure -- but knowing we'd all probably say T.R. is one reason I specified, "In your lifetime." I know you're no spring chicken anymore, Richard, but come on now! 😉
            Teddy is the top conservationists ever.
            In my lifetime no President has been that great.
            Jimmy Carter probably was the best conservationist in my lifetime.
            He protected land in Alaska and is an actual hunter. He shot two Tom Turkeys last spring.
            My old state Senator Defransisco is a Hunter and fisherman and fought for things sportsman liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Teddy is the top conservationists ever.
              In my lifetime no President has been that great.
              Jimmy Carter probably was the best conservationist in my lifetime.
              He protected land in Alaska and is an actual hunter. He shot two Tom Turkeys last spring.
              My old state Senator Defransisco is a Hunter and fisherman and fought for things sportsman liked.

Sherwood Boehlert was another one who had a good reputation as a conservationist.

Comment

I don't know those involved but the group that had the foresight to set aside the millions of acres of the Adirondacks are tops on my list. And then to make it 'forever wild' so it will be available for future generations to come.

Comment

In MY lifetime?
                  I'd have to say Reagan and then Trump.
                  Not so much because of their conservation efforts, but because of their 2A stance.

I believe Rick Perry did quit a bit in and for Texas and Texans.

Comment

I'll say Bill Clinton. For example, during his administration, the Buck Island Reef National Monument in St. Croix was greatly expanded. I've snorkeled there and it is indeed beautiful.

​None of the Alabama governors in my lifetime really stand out. The current governor, Kay Ivey, signed a bill barring the removal of any monuments on public display, or the renaming of any public street or building, that had existed for 40 years or more—effectively protecting the state's Confederate monuments.

The Wilderness Hall of Fame: 13 presidents who were conservation leaders | The Wilderness Society

"During Bill Clinton’s administration, more than 20 national monuments were expanded or added to the register, including Utah’s Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, and California’s Pinnacles National Monument (now Pinnacles National Park) and Giant Sequoia National Monument. In all, his administration protected nearly 27 million acres of public lands. Near the end of Clinton’s time in office, he instituted the “Roadless Rule,” which protected one-third of national forests from roads, development and logging."

Comment

President George W. Bush signed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Yeah, my bad ! That’s what I get for skipping over things too quickly and not digesting everything as closely as needed.

Comment

You are becoming a nitwit.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Yeah, my bad ! That’s what I get for skipping over things too quickly and not digesting everything as closely as needed.
                            It's okay, nothing's getting graded here! All good.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad