The future of EV prices..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of EV prices..........

The Ford Motor Co. has reveled that prices of F-150 pickups and the electric Mustang are being raised between $6500 and $8500 due to increase costs of battery production !! These prices increased in lieu of competition of auto sales inclusive of ICE vehicles ! What is going to control prices when EV’s have no competition, are the only means of auto purchase, and the battery components are controlled by foreign countries not subject to any type of controls ? When battery components are the main issue of EV’s, they will become a strangle hold on vehicle prices ! Good luck America !

For your consideration; hiways are built and maintained using tax money collected at the gas pump. If EV's don't use gas, they must contribute in another way. A separate electric meter for your car charger seems like a way to get people to pay their own way down the road. I'll bet when road taxes are figured into an increased electric rate for the chargers, EV's won't look like such a fuel bargain.

Comment

My guess is EV's will not make it. The electric grid can not meet all the demand right now.
      China controls the battery mfg. so the price will only go up.
      The other Countries still pollute so what ever we do will have little effect on the health of the Planet. China is building a coal electric generator plant at one per week.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
        For your consideration; hiways are built and maintained using tax money collected at the gas pump. If EV's don't use gas, they must contribute in another way. A separate electric meter for your car charger seems like a way to get people to pay their own way down the road. I'll bet when road taxes are figured into an increased electric rate for the chargers, EV's won't look like such a fuel bargain.
        Yeppers. Doesn't seem the administration thought the "Green Nude Eel" through very well!

Kill the petroleum industry, then raise taxes and pass bills to improve infrastructure! 😳

Isn't that like cutting a blanket in half and sewing it to the other end to make it longer? 🤔

Comment

Anybody notice that as average MPG goes up, per gummint mandate, so does the state and Fed tax per gallon? Fiden's inflation is gonna cost more than anybody can figure right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            My guess is EV's will not make it. The electric grid can not meet all the demand right now.
            China controls the battery mfg. so the price will only go up.
            The other Countries still pollute so what ever we do will have little effect on the health of the Planet. China is building a coal electric generator plant at one per week.
            Jimbo, whether or not EV’s make it, with numb nuts biden in charge and his strangle hold on the oil industry, we will be paying the price for the consequences of EV’s no matter what ! With a lessening of a need for oil, gas prices will never decline due to supply issues. The oil industry is not going to increase or even maintain investment in oil exploration with limits placed on them.........why feed a dead horse !?

Comment

Taxes will move to miles driven.

Infrastructure Package Includes Vehicle Mileage Tax Program (forbes.com)

Vehicle miles driven: advantages

Suppporters say that the advantages of a vehicle miles driven fee include:
              • A vehicle miles driven fee could help raise revenue for essential transportation and infrastructure projects;
              • From a fairness perspective, both passenger and commercial vehicles would pay the vehicle miles tax; and
              • If a vehicle miles tax replaces a gasoline tax, then drivers would be taxed based on how much they drive, rather than pay at the pump.
              Vehicle miles driven: disadvantages

Opponents say that the disadvantages of a vehicle miles driven fee include:
              • Privacy concerns, namely that the government could track citizens’ movements, including where and when they drive;
              • Administratively difficult, since every driver in the U.S. would need a device installed in their vehicle to track how many miles they drive; and
              • Disparate impact, as rural drivers tend to drive more, on average, and could therefore pay more than their urban and suburban counterparts.
              There are other permutations and combinations to a potential vehicle miles driven fee. For example, there could be different fees for urban versus rural drivers, or commercial versus passenger vehicles. There could be other adjustments for vehicle weight or type of road as well as different fees during rush hour and non-rush hour times, for example.

Comment

All l can see is, more gummint, more intrusion, more control. Freedom and independence?

Comment

Some states already charge an ev fee. The whole electric vehicle deal is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. 50 grand for a decent ev I can buy a lot of diesel and gas 50 grand. About 10 years worth I bet an ev battery wont last that long. Do we need to be working on something sure we do does the government need to be involved hell no. They did such a great job with health care. I truly needed the Cadillac plan health insurance I used to have but now we get the same old crap everyone else gets. The truck I just bought will last 300-400k isn’t it greener to not be buying new cars every few years. Who cares if it is diesel.

Comment

I've got three vehicles for less than $50k combined. My plan is to be a late adopter when it comes to an EV. Heck, at my age I may never own one.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      I've got three vehicles for less than $50k combined. My plan is to be a late adopter when it comes to an EV. Heck, at my age I may never own one.
                      About the only EV I'll ever use is at WalMart! LOL!

Comment

Why California Residents Suddenly Can't Charge Their Electric Vehicles (msn.com)

California is suffering from a collection of naturally-occurring hazards. Extensive droughts have affected the state considerably, leaving many local government leaders to issue energy-conservation notices. As the Labor Day weekend begins, traffic will be even more troublesome than ever for California cities. The state is suggesting that locals don’t use their electric vehicles over the weekend since excessive charging might hinder the state's power grid.

This issue comes merely a week after California passed a bill that would eventually eliminate the sale of gas-powered cars. Now that the state is in an energy and resource crisis, using electricity to charge cars may interrupt California’s entire power grid. Alongside the ongoing drought, a heatwave is expected to occur in the state, forcing many to use their electricity to power their AC units. If millions of AC units extract too much energy, then immense pressure will be put on California’s power grid. To avoid a complete shut-off, the state urges those to refrain from electric-car charging during the Labor Day weekend.

Comment

I understand California's power grid is on it's last legs.

Comment

My nephew drives an electric vehicle to and from his place of business every day.
                            He charges it overnight on his house current.
                            It serves him well as a commuter car.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              My nephew drives an electric vehicle to and from his place of business every day.
                              He charges it overnight on his house current.
                              It serves him well as a commuter car.
                              In California it will soon be illegal to buy a gas or diesel vehicle. In California as of today the electric grid is so Shakey and unreliable that no charging of electric vehicles is permitted. Sucks to be a citizen who needs to get from point A to point B in California. Perhaps being forced to eat bugs will make Californians happy as they sit in the dark waiting to be allowed to turn on their air conditioner or be able to take a shower. What happened to California dreaming, seems like a nightmare to me.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad