Well I lost my mind:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Have you considered running the "dyed" ag diesel? It's anywhere from 25 to 70 cents cheaper than the low sulphur road stuff, depending on where you buy it.
    The local "Co-op" is cheapest, but you must have a "tax" card. It lowers or removes taxes on ag products.
    Another "gummint" gimmick! 😖
    Not worth the hassle and trouble. And once it’s tuned properly it will probably do just a little bit better than my old gas burner. They can cruise at 75 on the interstate and do just as well if not better than a gas burner. Another friend of mine who has stock tires but everything else gets 20-25 mpg depending on how fast he wants to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
      Not worth the hassle and trouble. And once it’s tuned properly it will probably do just a little bit better than my old gas burner. They can cruise at 75 on the interstate and do just as well if not better than a gas burner. Another friend of mine who has stock tires but everything else gets 20-25 mpg depending on how fast he wants to go.
      When we bought our '06, we left it stock and would get 24 to 26 mpg and didn't require DEF.
      Pretty good mileage for a 1 ton dually!
      My old '01 still gets 15 to 17 mph with 405K miles. Needs to have valves run but would still probably get 18 to 20 mpg.
      Not bad for a 22 year old vehicle with that many miles! 😉

It's right at 600 miles to the kid's house in s. Texas. Since the truck IS "tired iron", we set the cruise at 65mph and she never bobbles. Just cruises right along easily.
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 08-28-2022, 01:34 PM.

Comment

P.S. - 'dawg, if you're mechanically gifted enough and computer savvy enough to make those "upgrades", I admire you!
        (...and they are INDEED upgrades!)
        😁

Comment

P.S. - 'dawg, if you're mechanically gifted enough and computer savvy enough to make those "upgrades", I admire you!
          (...and they are INDEED upgrades!)
          😁
          I have the mechanical side the computer you buy you add its done. I just don’t have time. I have a friend who is a powerstroke tech for a dealer he’s fixing to strike out on his own. His truck has 388,000 miles on it he knows his way around powerstroke. Figure he’s been swinging wrenches on them since they first came out his dad always owned one he in the dirt businesse. And he has owned one personally for about 20 years well his first truck when he was 16 was 7.3 powerstroke. Between my money and his time I will get this truck to where I want it. And someday it will be tired iron also.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
            Doesn't that "muffler oil" help the engine that would suffer because of the loss of sulfur in the fuel and it's benefits to the internals?
            Questions and Answers number Questions and Answers diesel is low sulfur.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

questions and answers number questions and answers diesel is low sulfur.
              huh??????????

Comment

huh??????????
                Yeah, huh?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad