Well I lost my mind:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I lost my mind:

The boss vetoed my 2006 super duty. Well we ended up with 2017 f-250 lariat premium plus fx4 crew cab 6.7 powerstroke. Hands down the best money I’ve ever spent on a truck. Already leveled with 37x12.50r20. Deleted and tuned it’s an absolute monster. It’s true you can’t be sad and drive a turbo diesel.

I've been driving the same diesel since 2002!
    No doubt, a diesel vehicle is a joy to operate.
    My youngest purchased a 2017 Dodge 1500 "Eco"Diesel.
    Being half ton, you don't dare pull more than a 10 foot flatbed with a lawnmower!
    ...but out on the highway! That thing is a beast.
    Drove it from home to Phoenix, AZ and back.
    Easy on fuel.
    Comfortable ride.
    Never strained at 80mph speed limits!
    ....just don't like the DEF bull malarkey! But that's just me!

Comment

No def on this one it’s a beast @80 it can hit 100 with no effort. It will break the 37’s loose at 40mph if I want it to.

Comment

Congrats dawg. That is one NICE ride. I'd bet it will last for 450K miles and you ride in luxury. I've had a couple F150s Lariats and have been real pleased with them. No way do they have the power and endurance of your though. Have a good time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
          No def on this one it’s a beast @80 it can hit 100 with no effort. It will break the 37’s loose at 40mph if I want it to.
          It's a 2017 and no DEF?
          How did they get around that?

Comment

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Congrats ‘dawg, enjoy rolling coal!

Comment

My turbo seems to have given up the ghost and I just passed 70 thousand miles. Can't do the delete as they emissions test diesels here. A new cheetah runs about three thousand and labor probably another thousand. I'm past the five year warranty too. It pays me more to work and pay a mechanic but it still smarts.

My truck was one of the first ones to exceed a thousand foot pounds of torque, and it's nice to pull the trailer with bobcat and a few thousand pounds of materials up the mountain, but it does cost. My Tacoma is at about eleven thousand miles and a lot easier to park and fill with gas.

Comment

Congrats on your new toy , A man and his truck ! It is a beautiful thing !

Comment

Find a good cassette deck, an EQ/booster and some sweet 3-way 6 x 9's and you'll be all set.

Comment

Take def device off no emission testing here

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                      Find a good cassette deck, an EQ/booster and some sweet 3-way 6 x 9's and you'll be all set.
                      Lamo im old enough to get that joke.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                        My turbo seems to have given up the ghost and I just passed 70 thousand miles. Can't do the delete as they emissions test diesels here. A new cheetah runs about three thousand and labor probably another thousand. I'm past the five year warranty too. It pays me more to work and pay a mechanic but it still smarts.

My truck was one of the first ones to exceed a thousand foot pounds of torque, and it's nice to pull the trailer with bobcat and a few thousand pounds of materials up the mountain, but it does cost. My Tacoma is at about eleven thousand miles and a lot easier to park and fill with gas.
                        This came from the factory at 945 ftlbs of torque when I get done with it the way I want it should well exceed that mark.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          Pics or it didn’t happen.

Congrats ‘dawg, enjoy rolling coal!
                          Rolling coal is a waste of power and money would rather tune it to not do that.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                            Congrats dawg. That is one NICE ride. I'd bet it will last for 450K miles and you ride in luxury. I've had a couple F150s Lariats and have been real pleased with them. No way do they have the power and endurance of your though. Have a good time with it.
                            It has to last at least 300k for me to feel like I got moneys worth. Waiting on the stuff to come in I am resetting the maintenance program to zero and will be performed to my standards from hence forth. It gets trans flush and fill tomorrow along with differential flush and fill and transfer case at the dealer. Then fresh oil change all filters changed. Currently running hot shots secret they the fuel system massive improvement in just a 1/4 tank.

Comment

I was kidding as well, but yeah I know.

My office. Click image for larger version

Name:	A162A834-DF13-4559-BE43-DAD63000CE60.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	801428

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad