Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implications of the Hollingsworth court decision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you keep it in the small confines of ONLY catching violations of a known poacher on camera the good in us wants to believe it’s ok BUT, that’s not how hidden cameras work. What if it captures images of our wife and children defecating and urinating? Or maybe a little midday romance? I’ve experienced both several times in my outdoorlife. Images now in the hands of anyone with a card reader. I’m sorry but the misdemeanor charges will never justify the intrusion. Gentlemen, the WORST case scenario must ALWAYS set the precedent. Yes, he’s a scum. He ain’t alone. And he’s not worth jeopardizing my civil rights over. My 2 cents. Stay safe.

Comment

This issue is more than a two sided sword, it cuts several different ways ! It is easy to realize that it also can be accepted or rejected with good analogy from both perspectives of correct and unjust law enforcement. I am not sure that the article, as written, brings us to totally be able 100% to know all the facts of the handling, either by the LEO’s or the degree of law breaking by the accused. It also leads us to place ourselves in the position of the accused and thus sway our feelings of correctness. But, it still boils down to a person being a violator, and if we ourselves are not, the answer of correctness is easier to obtain ! I can not disagree with other poster’s thoughts on this, all have stated valid points..........

Comment

After reading others insights and posts, it becomes even more questionable to me.
        "IF" he was/is a known poacher, then how much trouble would it be to get a warrant? ......unless the evidence is questionable....or maybe inconsequential?

Comment

In this particular case, what good would a warrant have been ? The objective of the camera was not to gain hand held evidence, but to obtain poaching evidence. A warrant to post a camera, or a warrant to search the premises ? What good is a camera if the violator is knowledgeable of its presence ? And a warrant to search the premises for what ?Is there a cut and dried procedure in this issue ? Probably not if the purpose is to gain evidence for a conviction that would be of acceptance by all concerned !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad