Northern Lights alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Lights alert

If you're a fellow Northerner, I just read there's a slim chance of seeing the Aurora Borealis tonight, down even into the upper mid-Atlantic states. Kinda cloudy here right now but it's been coming and going all day, might clear up.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the heads up Matt. It has been several years since I have had the luxury of enjoying the Aurora Borealis, the last time being in 1980 on a wilderness camping trip in Newfoundland. We just had a strong thunder storm here, but the sky is now clearing. I will keep my fingers crossed for skies to remain clear. Thanks again !

Comment

I'll be looking, rain forest isn't prime night time celestial viewing even though I'm North enough.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!

Comment

I figured Lab, you would be too tired to stay up that late after hauling in all those salmon !! I am usually in 💤💤 zone at dark time, nut tonight will be different........

Comment

+P my soon to be 5 year old yellow lab convinces me at least once a night that we need to go out and smell the air and do a bear check. I'll give things a look while we're out and about.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Matt. I wish we could see it in Atlanta but the forecast is for continued cloud cover for the next 24 hours... Bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
              Thanks for the heads up Matt. I wish we could see it in Atlanta but the forecast is for continued cloud cover for the next 24 hours... Bummer!
              Yep, there was a rain delay in the Mets-Braves game and then they played in the drizzle most of the game. Are you a Braves fan, by any chance?

Comment

It never really did clear off here, so, so much for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Yep, there was a rain delay in the Mets-Braves game and then they played in the drizzle most of the game. Are you a Braves fan, by any chance?
                  Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. I think everybody in Atlanta is a Braves fan. Even though the last few games have had rain delays, it was great to see them win against the Mets. The Mets are a really good team this year and it was a little like watching the World Series all over again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad