Hhs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hhs

Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.

Does that include the presidential suite?

Comment

Not yet. It was decided to place it on the 2024 ballot, so it might or might not become law.

If it does, it'll be for homeless people who are officially signed up for the program, not just any random bum who wants to wander in off the street and get a room to shoot some smack and puke in the hot tub. It'll be run by social workers -- a field that isn't always full of top-notch people, but they're generally competent and a few are indeed top-notch -- and with a program like this, with a lot of eyes on it, those running it are going to follow the guidelines, which it will surely include.

As for the homeless people themselves, those who get themselves into programs are not the one who cause problems. They're grateful for the help they get, and they know that there will be rules, and that they'll be out if they don't respect the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        Not yet. It was decided to place it on the 2024 ballot, so it might or might not become law.

If it does, it'll be for homeless people who are officially signed up for the program, not just any random bum who wants to wander in off the street and get a room to shoot some smack and puke in the hot tub. It'll be run by social workers -- a field that isn't always full of top-notch people, but they're generally competent and a few are indeed top-notch -- and with a program like this, with a lot of eyes on it, those running it are going to follow the guidelines, which it will surely include.

As for the homeless people themselves, those who get themselves into programs are not the one who cause problems. They're grateful for the help they get, and they know that there will be rules, and that they'll be out if they don't respect the rules.
        I don't think I would want a room used by a homeless person.

Comment

Especially if the homeless person were still in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I don't think I would want a room used by a homeless person.
            Your choice, but ask any hotel maid what they find in rooms after regular guests leave, even affluent ones. Probably some of the homeless people will be cleaner.

Seriously, Jimbo, if it happens, it won't be what you seem to be imagining. My guess is that it would be a matter of the available hotels and rooms going on a webpage. Caseworkers will see what's available, find a room, and take their client to the hotel. Again, it's not just any homeless person who wanders in; it's only the ones who are registered in the program. At least that's my take on it from the couple articles I read.

Last edited by MattM37; 08-16-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to BIG deer! (?)
              by FirstBubba
              To say they are "spooky" is an understatement....and they travel in herds with lot'sa eagle eye vision eyeballs to watch on all directions!...
              Today, 10:05 PM
            • BIG deer! (?)
              by FirstBubba
              We came down to south Texas to spend a few days with the youngest.
              We helped assemble a chicken house/run.
              This morning, we all walked out...
              09-25-2022, 09:43 AM
            • Reply to BIG deer! (?)
              by 99explorer
              I knew a cattle rancher back in central Texas who shot an aoudad that had wandered onto his property, having escaped from an exotic game ranch.
              Today, 10:05 PM
            • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
              by fitch270
              Jackson Browne

”Doctor My Eyes”

Today, 10:03 PM
            • TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
              by fitch270
              Good tunes to cure what ever ails ‘ya this week.

Robert Palmer wanting a house call.

Today, 09:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X