If we knew then…

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
            He's curious.
            Good footage!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Gotta be a back story to this post.
              Well, I guess it goes along with the Statler Brothers Christmas Album that we were talking about back in December; they were one of the family favorites when I was a kid. I started liking this song a lot, also, because I was pretty young when I first got into the Western movies, including all those oldie Westerns with Roy Rogers and Randolph Scott, plus the TV shows like The Rifleman and Branded.

Funny how Pat McManus said basically the same thing the song says in his story, "Meanwhile, Back at the B Western."

Man, the song and that essay were 30-40 years ago .... and look at the world now. They pegged it but they hadn't seen nothin' yet!

Edit: To be fair, though, as far as the Western movies themselves go, you can't beat some of the most recent ones. Unforgiven, the True Grit remake, and the 3:10 to Yuma remake were all pretty good, along with some lower-budget ones like The Homesman (Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank) and Forsaken (Kiefer Sutherland and Donald Sutherland). Sorry, Pat, but a lot of those old Westerns were pretty corny!
              Last edited by MattM37; 08-12-2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

At this moment the only "question" song I can think of is, "What Does the Fox Say?", and I'm not going to taint TGIF with that. Well, actually, there is Leo's version ....

The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) Metal cover by Leo Moracchioli - YouTube

Comment

Can I Get a Witness?

https://youtu.be/Gcnjge7XwLk

Comment

Who'll Stop the Rain?

Comment

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? .... Hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Well, I guess it goes along with the Statler Brothers Christmas Album that we were talking about back in December; they were one of the family favorites when I was a kid. I started liking this song a lot, also, because I was pretty young when I first got into the Western movies, including all those oldie Westerns with Roy Rogers and Randolph Scott, plus the TV shows like The Rifleman and Branded.

Funny how Pat McManus said basically the same thing the song says in his story, "Meanwhile, Back at the B Western."

Man, the song and that essay were 30-40 years ago .... and look at the world now. They pegged it but they hadn't seen nothin' yet!

Edit: To be fair, though, as far as the Western movies themselves go, you can't beat some of the most recent ones. Unforgiven, the True Grit remake, and the 3:10 to Yuma remake were all pretty good, along with some lower-budget ones like The Homesman (Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank) and Forsaken (Kiefer Sutherland and Donald Sutherland). Sorry, Pat, but a lot of those old Westerns were pretty corny!
                        Reminds me of the old days in the 50's.
                        Bert lived next door and was...uhhmmm...mentally challenged...but functional.
                        Every Saturday, his folks would take him to the old Ritz Theater where they played B Westerns all day long.
                        Cost a dime to get in and a quarter would get a soda and pop corn and a nickel candy bar for the walk back home.

Comment

Shania Twain - "Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?"

https://youtu.be/Rp8wnA2rk3c

Comment

Too many.

Comment

He won't answer, but he'll ask.

Comment

Chris Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH76VvWkNwA

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Fbi..........
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  And I am sure that this is with the knowledge of the progressive D’s. So the question is, why are they doing this ? Are there covertly issues of such...
                                  Today, 01:41 AM
                                • Fbi..........
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  ......there have been some 30 present and former FBI agents who have come forth in support of whistleblowers who have divulged critical information concerning...
                                  09-29-2022, 08:45 AM
                                • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                                  by PigHunter
                                  Thanks! It's a large outdoor amphitheater and wasn't sold out. We were surrounded bya Social Security crowd with few under 50.

Jeff Beck...
                                  Yesterday, 09:59 PM
                                • TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                                  by fitch270
                                  Good tunes to cure what ever ails ‘ya this week.

Robert Palmer wanting a house call.

09-27-2022, 09:54 PM
                                • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                                  by fitch270
                                  Nice PH, what sized venue and who replaced Dusty Hill?...
                                  Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X