X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Oh, not to nitpick but Frenchy did the makeover. The beauty school dropout chick.
    Whoa! How'd I misremember that? I wouldn't call that nitpicking at all; that's a big one. See? I'm in my 50s now -- I knew it'd be starting soon.

Worse yet, I almost tried to say, "Well, yeah, Frenchy achieved the look, but it was Rizzo who coached Sandy through the moves" -- but it wasn't even! It was Frenchy, Marty, and ... that other one. Rizzo and Kenicky were off by themselves at the time, cleaning each other's tonsils.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Oh, not to nitpick but Frenchy did the makeover. The beauty school dropout chick.

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    A classmate at Vo-tech was smitten with her. We made him crazy, insisting she was gay. Wasn't true, but we sure got a rise out of him every time he brought her up.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Let’s be honest, the pants made the makeover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62FDCF27-5329-4144-A5A2-3AC671C5AC44.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	800501

Hadn’t heard the news, knew she was an advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness from her battle. Godspeed O-L-J.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Nice tribute, PH.

I just found that out a few minutes ago. Another icon of our lifetime gone. My best bud Billy and I watched Grease when his family first got a video disc player when we were 10 or 11. We were in total agreement that Olivia was prettier before Rizzo's makeover -- an opinion that changed along about the time we were 17 or 18. Either way, "Hopelessly Devoted" is probably the best love song ever, with her performing it.
    I agree, "Hopelessly Devoted" is a great song. Here's a before and after of Olivia's makeover in Grease. Unfortunately, I tend to go for the bad girls - they're much more fun (but come with drama)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	346.6 KB ID:	800498
    Last edited by PigHunter; 08-08-2022, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Nice tribute, PH.

I just found that out a few minutes ago. Another icon of our lifetime gone. My best bud Billy and I watched Grease when his family first got a video disc player when we were 10 or 11. We were in total agreement that Olivia was prettier before Rizzo's makeover -- an opinion that changed along about the time we were 17 or 18. Either way, "Hopelessly Devoted" is probably the best love song ever, with her performing it.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    "Shaking You" by Olivia Newton John .... Rest in peace beautiful woman

(from "Two Of A Kind" soundtrack)

Why do I have to care for you?
    When I should have known to stay away
    Why was I there for you?

I don't know how I lost my touch
    I never believed that I could ever want
    Somebody's love so much

Time can shake me loose from the blues
    But who would know I'd be this slow shaking you

I don't know what I'm looking for
    I just let the arrows go and hope I find what I am shooting for

So don't say that you'll be there for me
    If you don't care for me, I'll be gone
    'Cause I don't have the strength to be this strong
    Who knew that I'd take so long shaking you

Now I'm waiting to hit the ground
    I'm painting my love for you in corners I know how to get around

Time can shake me loose from the blues
    But who would know I'd be this slow shaking you

I don't know what I'm looking for
    I just let the arrows go and hope I find what I am shooting for

Last edited by PigHunter; 08-08-2022, 04:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Elvis Presley.
    I'm All Shook Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23zLefwiii4

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    A volcano can shake you too! "Volcano" by Jimmy Buffett

Ground she's moving under me
    Tidal waves out on the sea
    Sulphur smoke up in the sky
    Pretty soon, we learn to fly

I'm heading to Jimmy Buffett country (the beach) tomorrow for a 5 night trip with Babe and the kids - should be interesting

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Here is a better "Tangerine,"

https://youtu.be/VL5AXTC7Thw
    Last edited by 99explorer; 08-05-2022, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Somebody say hurricane? Those will shake you up, or rock you!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me (Official Audio) - YouTube

Never really have liked Zeppelin, except the song "Tangerine."
    I don't think I've ever heard that one. But I do like many Led Zeppelin songs. One of them is "When The Levee Breaks" .... played it when the Huricane Ivan storm eye passed over Birmingham in September 2004.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	54
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	800402

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me (Official Audio) - YouTube

Never really have liked Zeppelin, except the song "Tangerine."

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

My blackberries dried up on the vine.
    Concord grapes turned to raisins.
    We've had 40+ days of 100°+ temps as high as 114°!
    No relief in sight! ☀️🌡🔥

We need R-A-I-N.......BAD!
    Fruit and nut trees have dropped leaves and crop.

How in tarnation my bees are keeping their hives cool is a puzzle to me.
    At least according to the knowledge offered by Louis L'Amour westerns, bees are really good at finding hidden water supplies. In almost all of the stories with desert settings, the dude dying of thirst, just as he's about to collapse, hears a bee buzzing by. He follows it and lo! there's a waterhole behind a cluster of boulders. The dude drinks up and recovers, gets back to the ranch, guns down the bad guys, and wins the girl. All thanks to bees.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Our blackberries have been great, bushes filling right up with nice big juicy berries. Most of the unripe ones look like they'll be the same; I've only seen a few bushes with those tiny little ones you know are going to be flavorless. We've had our dry spells but it seems that the weekly or biweekly downpours have done the job. We got a good drenching yesterday and some heavy winds and lightning, but it cleared off in time for my evening walk. Red efts on the ground all over the place, par for the course when it's wet. Stayed out of the berry patch since everything was still dripping wet. Saw one small velvet buck that'll need to smarten up a bit before November -- I saw him on the logging road, he was looking right at me, and I got about twenty steps closer before he took off. Then he went about thirty yards into the hardwoods and stood there looking at me some more until I drew about even, then he took off for real.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad