TGIF; Shake it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Good tune. Don’t know what happened with them, they kinda disappeared quick.
    Gin Blossoms broke up in 1997 but later some of the members got back together and are still touring. They were in Birmingham, AL back in April and my daughter saw them in concert then. Talking with her about it inspired me to learn "Found Out About You" and "Hey Jealousy" for karaoke. I've performed "Hey Jealousy" a couple times since and almost sang it last night instead.

Comment

Our blackberries have been great, bushes filling right up with nice big juicy berries. Most of the unripe ones look like they'll be the same; I've only seen a few bushes with those tiny little ones you know are going to be flavorless. We've had our dry spells but it seems that the weekly or biweekly downpours have done the job. We got a good drenching yesterday and some heavy winds and lightning, but it cleared off in time for my evening walk. Red efts on the ground all over the place, par for the course when it's wet. Stayed out of the berry patch since everything was still dripping wet. Saw one small velvet buck that'll need to smarten up a bit before November -- I saw him on the logging road, he was looking right at me, and I got about twenty steps closer before he took off. Then he went about thirty yards into the hardwoods and stood there looking at me some more until I drew about even, then he took off for real.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

My blackberries dried up on the vine.
        Concord grapes turned to raisins.
        We've had 40+ days of 100°+ temps as high as 114°!
        No relief in sight! ☀️🌡🔥

We need R-A-I-N.......BAD!
        Fruit and nut trees have dropped leaves and crop.

How in tarnation my bees are keeping their hives cool is a puzzle to me.
        At least according to the knowledge offered by Louis L'Amour westerns, bees are really good at finding hidden water supplies. In almost all of the stories with desert settings, the dude dying of thirst, just as he's about to collapse, hears a bee buzzing by. He follows it and lo! there's a waterhole behind a cluster of boulders. The dude drinks up and recovers, gets back to the ranch, guns down the bad guys, and wins the girl. All thanks to bees.

Comment

Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me (Official Audio) - YouTube

Never really have liked Zeppelin, except the song "Tangerine."

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
            Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me (Official Audio) - YouTube

Never really have liked Zeppelin, except the song "Tangerine."
            I don't think I've ever heard that one. But I do like many Led Zeppelin songs. One of them is "When The Levee Breaks" .... played it when the Huricane Ivan storm eye passed over Birmingham in September 2004.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	54
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	800402

Comment

Somebody say hurricane? Those will shake you up, or rock you!

Comment

Here is a better "Tangerine,"

https://youtu.be/VL5AXTC7Thw
                Last edited by 99explorer; 08-05-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

A volcano can shake you too! "Volcano" by Jimmy Buffett

Ground she's moving under me
                  Tidal waves out on the sea
                  Sulphur smoke up in the sky
                  Pretty soon, we learn to fly

I'm heading to Jimmy Buffett country (the beach) tomorrow for a 5 night trip with Babe and the kids - should be interesting

Comment

Elvis Presley.
                    I'm All Shook Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23zLefwiii4

Comment

"Shaking You" by Olivia Newton John .... Rest in peace beautiful woman

(from "Two Of A Kind" soundtrack)

Why do I have to care for you?
                      When I should have known to stay away
                      Why was I there for you?

I don't know how I lost my touch
                      I never believed that I could ever want
                      Somebody's love so much

Time can shake me loose from the blues
                      But who would know I'd be this slow shaking you

I don't know what I'm looking for
                      I just let the arrows go and hope I find what I am shooting for

So don't say that you'll be there for me
                      If you don't care for me, I'll be gone
                      'Cause I don't have the strength to be this strong
                      Who knew that I'd take so long shaking you

Now I'm waiting to hit the ground
                      I'm painting my love for you in corners I know how to get around

Time can shake me loose from the blues
                      But who would know I'd be this slow shaking you

I don't know what I'm looking for
                      I just let the arrows go and hope I find what I am shooting for

Last edited by PigHunter; 08-08-2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Nice tribute, PH.

I just found that out a few minutes ago. Another icon of our lifetime gone. My best bud Billy and I watched Grease when his family first got a video disc player when we were 10 or 11. We were in total agreement that Olivia was prettier before Rizzo's makeover -- an opinion that changed along about the time we were 17 or 18. Either way, "Hopelessly Devoted" is probably the best love song ever, with her performing it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          Nice tribute, PH.

I just found that out a few minutes ago. Another icon of our lifetime gone. My best bud Billy and I watched Grease when his family first got a video disc player when we were 10 or 11. We were in total agreement that Olivia was prettier before Rizzo's makeover -- an opinion that changed along about the time we were 17 or 18. Either way, "Hopelessly Devoted" is probably the best love song ever, with her performing it.
                          I agree, "Hopelessly Devoted" is a great song. Here's a before and after of Olivia's makeover in Grease. Unfortunately, I tend to go for the bad girls - they're much more fun (but come with drama)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	346.6 KB ID:	800498
                          Last edited by PigHunter; 08-08-2022, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Let’s be honest, the pants made the makeover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62FDCF27-5329-4144-A5A2-3AC671C5AC44.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	800501

Hadn’t heard the news, knew she was an advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness from her battle. Godspeed O-L-J.

Comment

A classmate at Vo-tech was smitten with her. We made him crazy, insisting she was gay. Wasn't true, but we sure got a rise out of him every time he brought her up.

Comment

Oh, not to nitpick but Frenchy did the makeover. The beauty school dropout chick.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad