House passes assault weapons ban!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    Hey Danbo, notes from Thorne Bay, Alaska. Been a painful trip. I got an infected tooth under a gold crown that was extremely painful. Steel shot keeping on, keepen on. Got the tooth pulled last week but still tender and weeping. I've caught a few pinks and silvers and a couple of bright dogs, but my fishing has been limited by my tooth problems. $6.00 gas has me less likely to make longer trips to farther fishing holes on speculation. Having a blast, because that's what Americans do while fly fishing in Alaska, even if it hurts.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!
    Any pictures lab12?
    That DOES sound like a blast.

Comment

The most important question to be asked, is just where would we be at this time under this administration, if it was not for the 2A ??? Our Constitution was written by men of much greater intelligence than what is attempting to lead us today. They were the ones who were able to determine what was in store for the country if it was not protected from the likes of dimwits ! Our gun rights may be the second A written, but it is by far the most important one. This is simply verified by the fact that it is government which is desperately attempting to nullify it, and with people such as turkey biden, it can never be allowed to happen !! Bubba and I in the past had words about “never give an inch” and my thoughts at that time have since changed to be now in agreement with him ! With those now in power and their foreign policies with our enemies, WE are on our own..........

FJB

Comment

Not interested in so-called assault weapons, but I never said that I didn’t know how to use one…

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
          Hey Danbo, notes from Thorne Bay, Alaska. Been a painful trip. I got an infected tooth under a gold crown that was extremely painful. Steel shot keeping on, keepen on. Got the tooth pulled last week but still tender and weeping. I've caught a few pinks and silvers and a couple of bright dogs, but my fishing has been limited by my tooth problems. $6.00 gas has me less likely to make longer trips to farther fishing holes on speculation. Having a blast, because that's what Americans do while fly fishing in Alaska, even if it hurts.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Thanks for the report lab. I heard they're record runs of chinooks in Bristol bay. (I know your in Thorne bay)

The Walleye fishing has finally picked up after a unusually long Mayfly hatch, I've never seen it this heavy for so long.
          Bass fishing on Panther lake is hit or miss .

I should be practicing with my bow every night but it's hard to leave the lake when it's 90 degrees out.

Lets Go Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
            Not interested in so-called assault weapons, but I never said that I didn’t know how to use one…
            My sentiment exactly, WAM!

"Molon Labe"!!!

FAFO!

Comment

How did '99 go from 30 rd magazines to a past President?

If there are 20 million AR's, there are 150 million 30 rd or bigger magazines and a few billion rds of ammo.

I don't see '99's drivel unless someone else references it in their post.
              Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-01-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Thanks for the report lab. I heard they're record runs of chinooks in Bristol bay. (I know your in Thorne bay)

The Walleye fishing has finally picked up after a unusually long Mayfly hatch, I've never seen it this heavy for so long.
                Bass fishing on Panther lake is hit or miss .

I should be practicing with my bow every night but it's hard to leave the lake when it's 90 degrees out.

Lets Go Brandon.
                Someone caught a 14.5, 31" Walleye off a pier at Cleveland. It was at 2AM when caught. Using a jig along the pier.
                That fish was probably 20 years old. I would have put it back.

Comment

I see that our friend Bubba has posted the acronym "FAFO" in his Comment.
                  I think that is a favorite of the Proud Boys.
                  No surprise there.
                  Last edited by 99explorer; 08-01-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

It's going nowhere in the senate.

That said there are issues. Young nutcases know that other people who have killed many use the AR platform, and though the number of murders committed by said nutcases is very low the guns and the nutcases scare the heck out of a certain privileged segment of our society, let's call them the Karens.

This court is never going to let people take our ARs, and ARs are going to become ever more popular as they are lightweight, accurate, cheap, and easy to maintain. Most police use them now as their standard long gun in the patrol car right?

Seems like there must be a way to cull the obvious nutters from the general population of gun owners. If I had to generalize I'd say most gun owners are more responsible and law abiding than the general population.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

My sentiment exactly, WAM!

"Molon Labe"!!!

FAFO!
                      If a thug is unlucky enough to get shot at by me, I give them a handicap with me only carrying a 5-shot Airweight Bodyguard wheel gun. 🤣

Comment

I am not that brave.
                        My EDC is a six shot Model 10 Smith & Wesson with a 2-inch barrel.
                        No extra ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post

If a thug is unlucky enough to get shot at by me, I give them a handicap with me only carrying a 5-shot Airweight Bodyguard wheel gun. 🤣
                          Nope!
                          Ten rounds of .40S&W plus one up the spout. Seven more in the "clip" 😉 in the pocket.
                          S&W M&P "Shield"

Comment

Bubba is set to handle a ten-man carjack attempt, saving the last round for himself. No Arrned Citizen has ever had to reload.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              I am not that brave.
                              My EDC is a six shot Model 10 Smith & Wesson with a 2-inch barrel.
                              No extra ammo.
                              Those round butt, 2” Mod 10’s are cool pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                                It's going nowhere in the senate.

That said there are issues. Young nutcases know that other people who have killed many use the AR platform, and though the number of murders committed by said nutcases is very low the guns and the nutcases scare the heck out of a certain privileged segment of our society, let's call them the Karens.

This court is never going to let people take our ARs, and ARs are going to become ever more popular as they are lightweight, accurate, cheap, and easy to maintain. Most police use them now as their standard long gun in the patrol car right?

Seems like there must be a way to cull the obvious nutters from the general population of gun owners. If I had to generalize I'd say most gun owners are more responsible and law abiding than the general population.
                                The press glorifies certain mass shootings, schools , hate crimes , parades however shootings in Philadelphia where several people are shot at a club on the street . Or like Middle river Md where thugs chased down a SUV from a court house parking lot and shot the guys car up with a submachine gun in a attempt to stop his testimony . That is much less publicized because it doesn’t fit the press and political agenda. More people are murdered with knives and hands and feet than AR’s . You are correct gun owners are very responsible over all , much more than the general public. If only people who drive , used cell phones and drink alcohol were that responsible ! It’s a little known fact that Maryland state police does not release information on suicides off the bridges , they do not want to put the ideas in other peoples heads who may be suicidal . One way to curtail mass shooting is to stop over reporting the incidents .

It also doesn't go unnoticed that the liberal agenda is to stack the court , I use to think that the public would not ever go for that but more and more I hear people on the street blaming rulings by the SCOTUS on Republican appointees it bothers me the decisions by the court are split down party lines . The court is there for one reason, to uphold the law by the Constitution . I get there are opinions but it should not be political affiliation but sound point of law.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad