Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House passes assault weapons ban!

With a vote of 217-213!!!

Hopefully, McConnell will pull a "Dirty" Harry Reid and leave it laying on his desk.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022...s-bill-n604032

To be honest among ourselves about it, the elimination of high-capacity magazines alone would have saved countless lives in the recent mass shootings.
    I can't imagine the Las Vegas shooter killing 59 people with a bolt action rifle holding four or five rounds.

Comment

I can certainly imagine a truck driving back and forth through a crowd causing well over 100 deaths. People are fragile. Bombs, vehicles, and crowds make high causality events inevitable in environments where keeping score in insane attacks against weaknesses in society is a valued pursuit. Evaluation of acceptable Carnage is impossible to overestimate. Citizens can fight back, or kneel to the insanity. I choose to fight using all tools at my disposal. Outlawing standard capacity magazines is voluntarily disarming. None for me thanks.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        To be honest among ourselves about it, the elimination of high-capacity magazines alone would have saved countless lives in the recent mass shootings.
        I can't imagine the Las Vegas shooter killing 59 people with a bolt action rifle holding four or five rounds.
        To be honest it has nothing to do with high capacity magazines , Las Vegas shooter had mutable weapons and he he could of just reloaded with five or ten round clips and killed as many or more by getting rid of the bump stock and using aimed fire . I wish you would think before you post, the bill is Unconstitutional according to the Heller ruling and more importantly just Unconstitutional !! Countless lives are lost every day starting with nearly one million abortions every year , 20 million black rifles in this country that attribute to less than 2 % of the murders in this country . It’s just politics and propaganda by those who want to steal liberties from law abiding citizens . From now on try to be less obvious with your anti gun rhetoric ! It’s just another trolling attempt on your part .

Comment

You can't be more right pmacc60!
          The stir over high capacity magazines is non sequitur.
          Several home defenders have proven that gun fights sometimes take more that 2 or 3 shots.

Comment

Nobody wants to face Dirrty Harry's delemma! Did I fire 5 or six shots? Do you feel lucky, punk?
            I'll take 17, the standard capacity in my S&W M&P.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!!

Comment

Speaking of the Heller ruling, Justice Scalia wrote, "Like most rights, the rights secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."
              "...not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

Comment

Americans need enough weaponry to convince our civilian Authority to not attempt to reduce the value of our citizenship. I'm beginning to anticipate a need for heavier weapons for the citizens. Our civilian Authority isn't keeping their part of the Constitutional bargain!

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  Nobody wants to face Dirrty Harry's delemma! Did I fire 5 or six shots? Do you feel lucky, punk?
                  I'll take 17, the standard capacity in my S&W M&P.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!!
                  I don't want a drum mag or a 50 round mag.
                  A thirty round mag is too heavy. I can easily carry several 20 round mags.

Comment

It's going nowhere in the Senate.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1DF92A88-D519-459D-A999-5A0897838D5D.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	800203

Tyranny inspired, cause eventually history repeats itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

To be honest it has nothing to do with high capacity magazines , Las Vegas shooter had mutable weapons and he he could of just reloaded with five or ten round clips and killed as many or more by getting rid of the bump stock and using aimed fire . I wish you would think before you post, the bill is Unconstitutional according to the Heller ruling and more importantly just Unconstitutional !! Countless lives are lost every day starting with nearly one million abortions every year , 20 million black rifles in this country that attribute to less than 2 % of the murders in this country . It’s just politics and propaganda by those who want to steal liberties from law abiding citizens . From now on try to be less obvious with your anti gun rhetoric ! It’s just another trolling attempt on your part .

In the Bruen decision they not only struck down Sullivan law but made the two step process circuit courts were using as unconstitutional.
                        History and text is the only process courts can use and there isn't much history for gun control.

After that decision they accepted several gun cases from the courts , then vacated them.
                        Sent them back to circuit courts after telling them they came to wrong decision.
                        One of those cases was a assault weapons ban out of Maryland .

Our gun rights are being restored.

Last edited by Danbo; 07-31-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          Speaking of the Heller ruling, Justice Scalia wrote, "Like most rights, the rights secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."
                          "...not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."
                          Yes we know, you left out “guns in common usage “ but of course you did ! Scalia wasn’t talking about AR15’s and you said in the past you read the whole ruling ( yes I remember ) the Ar is a gun and has been a gun of common usage and the most popular selling rifle in the country ! So get it straight troll you are not adding to the conversation you just trying to stir up nonsense ! So have it hoss !

Comment

Pmacc -
                            The passage you quoted from about guns in common usage is not contained in the part of the opinion I quoted, but here it is a few paragraphs later:

"We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and bear arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those "in common use at the time." 307 U.S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of "dangerous and unusual weapons."

Your comment exemplifies the old adage that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
                            Last edited by 99explorer; 07-31-2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

In the Bruen decision they not only struck down Sullivan law but made the two step process circuit courts were using as unconstitutional.
                              History and text is the only process courts can use and there isn't much history for gun control.

After that decision they accepted several gun cases from the courts , then vacated them.
                              Sent them back to circuit courts after telling them they came to wrong decision.
                              One of those cases was a assault weapons ban out of Maryland .

Our gun rights are being restored.
                              I hope your right , I think it’s going to be a long fight because the press has brainwashed the public. We all need to fight the good fight !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Liz Cheney loses big!
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                The stupidity of some people, and I will not embarrass them by name, only a given quote.......”.biden never withheld money from Ukraine” is almost...
                                Today, 04:14 PM
                              • Liz Cheney loses big!
                                by labrador12
                                Weird! Wyoming Republicans didn't vote for a pretend Republican that hangs out with the anti-American, anti-oil and gas, anti-cow, anti-farm and ranch...
                                08-16-2022, 11:20 PM
                              • Reply to Liz Cheney loses big!
                                by labrador12
                                Before Hunter's laptop from hell was exposed the media and you got away with that crap. After the laptop, with the pictures, and the emails it doesn't...
                                Today, 03:27 PM
                              • Reply to Posting to blogs
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Thanks. That looks impressive! I finally joined a range so I could zero the old Springfield out to 300 meters. Bought new dies and brought the bullets...
                                Today, 03:21 PM
                              • Posting to blogs
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Haven't been around for a while. Is it no longer possible to post comments to editor blogs?
                                08-03-2022, 06:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X