https://youtu.be/LYxLxxPzMrA

Comment

The Guess Who - "These Eyes"

https://youtu.be/AObsmF9P7U4

Comment

"I can dream, can't I?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZLik_IuA-A

Comment

Last night at the bar went well and I got good reception from two of the three I sang. Also met an interesting woman who says she'll see me there next Thursday. Some of the lyrics apply in this TGIF thread...

"Losing My Religion" by R.E.M

Every whisper
                Of every wakin' hour
                I'm choosing my confessions
                Trying to keep an eye on you
                Like a hurt, lost and blinded fool, fool
                Oh no, I've said too much
                I set it up

"Shivers" by Ed Sheeran

I wanna be that guy
                I wanna kiss your eyes
                I wanna drink that smile
                I wanna feel like I'm
                Like my soul's on fire
                I wanna stay up all day and all night
                Yeah, you got me singing like

"Who's Your Daddy" by Toby Keith

Yeah, you're lookin' right, lookin' good
                Lookin' like a woman should so why is it so hard to find
                A place to lay your pretty little head down once in a while

Comment

Interesting????

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      Interesting????
                      Yes, I went to leave and was paying my tab at the bar. This lady said hello, complimenting me on the Toby Keith song. Said she could tell I've sung it many times and was impressed. It was her first time at that bar and was there with a couple of girlfriends. She expressed a desire to start going there on a regular basis. I told her my usual nights are Thursdays and would love to hang out with her next week if she does. That's when I noticed her glancing down at my left hand to look for a ring and of course I don't wear one.

I introduced myself and got her first name, making sure I studied her face enough to remember her if she does show next week. She's probably late 40's / early 50's, about 5'8" and of slender build. a little past shoulder length light brown hair, little make-up. She's not my usual type but she had sort of a lonely, hungry for companionship vibe about her. I could have asked for her number but my gut said I should play it a little cool and wait to see if she has enough interest to be back.

A patient hunter is a successful hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Yes, I went to leave and was paying my tab at the bar. This lady said hello, complimenting me on the Toby Keith song. Said she could tell I've sung it many times and was impressed. It was her first time at that bar and was there with a couple of girlfriends. She expressed a desire to start going there on a regular basis. I told her my usual nights are Thursdays and would love to hang out with her next week if she does. That's when I noticed her glancing down at my left hand to look for a ring and of course I don't wear one.

I introduced myself and got her first name, making sure I studied her face enough to remember her if she does show next week. She's probably late 40's / early 50's, about 5'8" and of slender build. a little past shoulder length light brown hair, little make-up. She's not my usual type but she had sort of a lonely, hungry for companionship vibe about her. I could have asked for her number but my gut said I should play it a little cool and wait to see if she has enough interest to be back.

A patient hunter is a successful hunter.
                        Meanwhile, here's what she wrote today on her favorite website:

I don't know why I said hello to that guy -- he was already halfway out the bar and good riddance after all that yodeling he was doing up onstage. And talk about an ego! When I said I liked his Toby Keith impression, the sarcasm flew right over his head. The girls and I laughed for hours over that one! And then he practically had to ruffle his hair to hide the horns, when he saw me checking for a ring. Men are so obvious.

Still, he seemed like the kind of guy who might have some interesting friends, so I figured what the heck. And even with the ego (not to mention, the way he memorized my face like he was studying for a quiz!), there might be something there. We'll see. I'll tell you one thing, though: I'd have definitely preferred that he just ask for my number, instead of trying to play it so cool. As if.

Honestly, girls, I think he pegged me as lonesome, or hungry for companionship or something! Wow, if he only knew, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Meanwhile, here's what she wrote today on her favorite website:

I don't know why I said hello to that guy -- he was already halfway out the bar and good riddance after all that yodeling he was doing up onstage. And talk about an ego! When I said I liked his Toby Keith impression, the sarcasm flew right over his head. The girls and I laughed for hours over that one! And then he practically had to ruffle his hair to hide the horns, when he saw me checking for a ring. Men are so obvious.

Still, he seemed like the kind of guy who might have some interesting friends, so I figured what the heck. And even with the ego (not to mention, the way he memorized my face like he was studying for a quiz!), there might be something there. We'll see. I'll tell you one thing, though: I'd have definitely preferred that he just ask for my number, instead of trying to play it so cool. As if.

Honestly, girls, I think he pegged me as lonesome, or hungry for companionship or something! Wow, if he only knew, right?

Hahaha! Probably her exact thoughts! ... but Fitch did ask for more info, lol!

.... I prefer to call it confidence instead of ego ;-)
                          Last edited by PigHunter; 07-29-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Hahaha! Probably her exact thoughts! ... but Fitch did ask for more info, lol!

.... I prefer to call it confidence instead of ego ;-)
                            Roger that, confidence, I'd actually changed it to that but then changed it back, figuring to keep it true to the way a girl would probably say it if she was chatting with her gal-pals.

And I know you're a better singer than some average "yodeler." Or not, but who cares, right?

Have a good weekend, PH and everyone else. I'm heading out in search of more smallmouths, if I can find some stretches of river that aren't practically dried up. We had some good rains this past week but not nearly enough. 53 days 'til the first day of fall!

Comment

Thanks Matt, I enjoyed the humor you provided! There's no telling what the hens say behind my back, but you probably got it close. PigHuntress says I'm like Foghorn Leghorn strutting around!

I'm good at some songs, so-so with others, and horrible at most. So song selection and practice are very important. Gotta play to the audience too. The old folks were aghast when I sang "Shivers" Of course none had heard it before and you know how old people are, resistant to anything new. A couple of the young thangs liked it but that didn't outweigh the open disgust around the older table. It was redeeming to finish with Toby Keith.... and it gave 'Lonely Woman' a chance to strike up a conversation.

PigHuntress is going to spend a rare Friday night and Saturday with me so we're going to yet another bar with karaoke. I'd complained about how much weekend time she was spending with her boyfriend. The two-edged result is that I'm missing out on a Friday night with Babe, but I'll see her on Sunday.

Best of luck with your fishing!

Comment

You guys never disappoint, big grin here!

We drop the Kid off at college in 23 days, doesn’t seem possible. This fall is going to feel very strange. On a positive note I’m excited for him after yesterday’s orientation. He has tremendous opportunities ahead of him.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad