X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent post Matt. Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
      I am not too sure DakotaMan that there are those who are critical of the medicinal benefits of Marajuana, but it appears to be a far cry from the now accepted recreational use of ‘weed’ ! There are several drugs, or medicines that are health related or beneficial but not used for general enjoyment. Does not recreational use cross the line of medical benefits ? When weed is used as a prescribed medicine it is less objectionable.
      I shouldn't really be commenting on this thread as I really have not spent time understanding everything there is to know about any of these. We all have antidotal exposure to information though and therefore all have opinions. From my understanding, some states have approved either medical MJ or recreational MJ or both. My understanding is that in both cases, MJ or its derivatives are sold in state dispensaries that oversee the manufacture and packaging of the product, much like alcohol and tobacco. In this way, users know what they are getting. I also have seen many treatments for mental disorders that have extremely harmful effects including, but not limited to suicide or homicide.

I personally have had no exposure to anyone having serious side effects from MJ but have no doubt that reckless consumption of any of these products, including CDC approved pharmaceuticals can cause serious problems. I respect the observations that Danbo has described as he apparently gets significant exposure to the extreme cases. In my lifetime, I've avoided excessive use of tobacco and alcohol but have worked with and known literally hundreds of others who toked a joint on occasion at some time in their life without any unwanted affect. I've also known more than 50 who have died of lung cancer from smoking and as many who have been accidentally killed, accidentally killed others or died of alcohol issues/ include several close friends.

I'm also not too concerned that wildlife will starve if someone grows hemp or sunflowers for that matter. I think there will be plenty for them to eat. Having grown up on a farm, I'm personally more concerned about some poor farmer or rancher footing the bill for deer, antelope and elk that can cost them their livelihood. Most of our members have probably never walked a corn field to find 10 or 20 acres of corn gone to deer. Nor have most tried to run a ranch growing your own alfalfa to get your herd through the winter while seeing hundreds of antelope torpedo your livelihood. Thankfully, farmers and ranchers accept this toll in most cases and I appreciate that..

Comment

I tried hashish overseas and did not care for it. I would rather have a good cigarette - still want one every day and I quit when I turned 40.
        I have had my share of alcohol - now I drink on Christmas, New Years and my Birthday - that's it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad