SCOTUS needs to step up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS needs to step up.

The SCOTUS on the 2A means that "may issue" is anti-war and all fifty states are "shall issue" states.
    What SCOTUS DID NOT do, was tell states CAN NOT do to sidestep the "shall issue" - "issue"!
    New York immediately averted the "shall issue" ruling was to restrict where concealed weapons may be carried.
    They basically declared the entire state of New York as a "sensitive area" and off limits to concealed carry. You can now get a concealed carry license, but there is nowhere to carry concealed! 😳
    In the below article, the writer claims the GCA '34 needs to be repealed as today's technology has pretty much surpassed the act's restrictions.
    The GCA '34 claims that a sawed off shotgun does not fit within the 2A definition of a type of weapon a militia would employ, thus, should be restricted.
    Now anti-2A'ers claim that the AR15/AK47 are military (militia?) type weapons and should be restricted.
    You can't have it both ways.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ws_to_bed.html

I saw an interesting thing yesterday, a Business Insider article on MSN about firearm terminology. It wasn't pure propaganda, because it did correctly explain some important terms that anti-gunners always get wrong ("automatic" vs. "semiautomatic," for example, and the different between a clip and a magazine), but it still left a bad taste in my mouth. There was some stuff that was still wrong, like the statement that "the vast majority of guns in the U.S. are semiautomatics." What? Apparently, the writer has never heard of pump, lever, bolt, or break-action guns.

Moreover, it basically seemed like an anti-gun primer written to help lefties win arguments. The writer had a line in the intro about the way those in "the 2A camp" often "mock" non-gunowners for using incorrect terms. Well, moron, we're not mocking for the sake of mocking, we're pointing out that the lack of knowledge actually affects the issue and the laws that arise from it, i.e. how many people are so opposed to semiautomatics because they erroneously believe that it actually means auto like a machine gun? I've personally talked to several people who think that very thing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/term...vs-automatic-1
    Last edited by MattM37; 07-07-2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

If I remember several mass shooters had contact with LEO's before they committeed the mass shooting. If prior contact did not help identify possible shooters I don't know what will.

Comment

Are you saying that life imprisonment for every offense would take potential mass shooters off the street?
        You may be onto something ;-))

Comment

It prolly won't stop all the nuts but my suggestion would be to advise gun sellers to refuse sales to buyers with tattoos above the collarbone. Anybody who would do that to themselves shows seriously impaired judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
            It prolly won't stop all the nuts but my suggestion would be to advise gun sellers to refuse sales to buyers with tattoos above the collarbone. Anybody who would do that to themselves shows seriously impaired judgement.
            Can we include nose & lip rings, wired eyebrows and multiple ear studs? (.....and those freaking tongue studs! 😖)
            I would also include genital piercings, but I can't bear the thought of working with a store clerk that would willingly do the inspection! 😝)

Every time I see those nose piercings, I think they have boogers hanging out of their nose!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Can we include nose & lip rings, wired eyebrows and multiple ear studs? (.....and those freaking tongue studs! 😖)
              I would also include genital piercings, but I can't bear the thought of working with a store clerk that would willingly do the inspection! 😝)

Every time I see those nose piercings, I think they have boogers hanging out of their nose!
              That certainly could be considered. The face piercing would be enough and preclude any other inspections.

Comment

I know that many people look down on those who judge others by how they look, and I will admit, they should. None of us have, or had, anything to do with our birth appearances. BWT being said, what we do after birth with our given appearances, is very indicative of the person we have gravitated to. And that can lead to some positive thoughts as to judgement in some cases, those being piercings or other bodily disfigurations, mostly above the shoulders ! When common sense is entered into the equation, it is often that we lean in the direction of ‘can we really take this person seriously’ ! So yes, appearances that are programed, can lead to some rather ‘unusual’ comments and acceptance !!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

It occurs to me, though, that a tongue-studded turkey hunter might do some interesting things with a diaphragm call. Not that I'm volunteering ....

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                    I know that many people look down on those who judge others by how they look, and I will admit, they should. None of us have, or had, anything to do with our birth appearances. BWT being said, what we do after birth with our given appearances, is very indicative of the person we have gravitated to. And that can lead to some positive thoughts as to judgement in some cases, those being piercings or other bodily disfigurations, mostly above the shoulders ! When common sense is entered into the equation, it is often that we lean in the direction of ‘can we really take this person seriously’ ! So yes, appearances that are programed, can lead to some rather ‘unusual’ comments and acceptance !!
                    Bhr, back in the 80's when I was doing a lot of carpenter work, the GC put a guy on our crew that was the quintessential "hippie".
                    Tie dyed tee, grubby bell bottoms, long nasty hair and a bandana head band. You could get a contact high standing near him.
                    We were framing a multi-faceted roof. Barge rafters, fly rafters, hip/valley cuts. All varying pitch/run.

The guy could figure angles, rafter runs and pitches "IN HIS HEAD"!!🤯
                    The lead man had to use a rafter book. Not "Ray".
                    Everybody else found a shady spot and sat down for a 30 minute lunch break. Not Ray. He disappeared for lunch, only to return with a much more intense "aroma" about him.

I learned more about not "judging" people because of of him.
                    He was really a nice guy, just weird.
                    .....and anybody that can figure rafter runs in a fogged up brain....?

AND....to make all his cuts and measurements, he used a framing square, a fold up rule, a pencil and a 15amp Milwaukee "worm drive" saw.

Comment

Who are you to question my judgment?

Comment

We finally get a strong ruling from SCOTUS on unconstitutional gun laws and our Governor doubles down.
                        Some people in free states don't realize how free they are.

https://www.wktv.com/news/local/onei...c82ca7692.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad