• 99explorer
    replied
    The Foggy Dew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaS3vaNUYgs

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Started to tell about last Saturday night but decided to delete it from this post. Some things shouldn't be posted on the web, hahaha!
    Crossposted w/OL

LOL

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    "Mama Told Me Not To Come" by Three Dog Night .... I've been to a few wild parties over the years and have some great stories, (but not for children to hear).

Here's a cover by Tom Jones

Started to tell about last Saturday night but decided to delete it from this post. Some things shouldn't be posted on the web, hahaha!
    Last edited by PigHunter; 07-12-2022, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    James Bond Theme from Dr. No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHsN5-YBLI

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    James Bond theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-cDa4JCwM

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Checked out the link, seems like he’s channeling his inner Johnny Cash. Stage of life maybe?

Pulls off the cowboy look ok but I doubt he’s gonna be caught with a Colt Peacemaker strapped on his side. 🤠
    He's been country-ish for a few years -- an album a while back called "Devils and Dust" isn't quite country, but it's all slow and acoustic. Lot of folksy stuff, even some of the songs on his rock albums. Actually his first one like that, "Nebraska," was all the way back in '82.* He recorded that one himself in an old farmhouse on a reel-to-reel. He decided to do an album like that after all the attention and hoopla of "The River" album and tour. More recently, a few years back now, he was part of a big tour dedicated to folk legend Pete Seeger, real bluegrass stuff.

The American West, as it is now plus the history and folklore, has always appealed to him. Western themes have shown up over the years even in some of the rock songs.

(Sorry -- a lot of us Bruce Springsteen fans are like this. You ask one little question and we give you a full biography.)

I'd say you're right about the Peacemaker. You never know, though -- his leftiness is kind of his own weird brand. It isn't quite as cut-and-dried as people make it out to be when they see him rubbing elbows with Barry O.

* - Actually Johnny Cash covered one of the songs on that Nebraska album, "Highway Patrolman." (Who's channeling who? ) Truth to tell, I like Johnny's version better.

Johnny Cash - Highway Patrolman - YouTube

Edit: Just read, Bruce just announced today, tour in 2023! Shows in Albany and Buffalo.
    Last edited by MattM37; 07-12-2022, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    "The Whiffenpoof Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ5GnmMUW-s

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Johnny Horton - "North to Alaska"

https://youtu.be/FYFm0RgRkks

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Lefty Frizzell - "Saginaw, Michigan"

https://youtu.be/8tbrLDA18C4

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Good conversation fellas.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
    0:34 is the line.
    Granted, my hearing is crap, but even playing that using the Bluetooth feature of my hearing aids I couldn’t figure out half of it.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

It's the name of one of Bruce's more recent albums, released along with a film that featured the songs in concert with Bruce talking about various things in his life.

Western Stars - Official Trailer - Now Playing In Theaters - YouTube
    Checked out the link, seems like he’s channeling his inner Johnny Cash. Stage of life maybe?

Pulls off the cowboy look ok but I doubt he’s gonna be caught with a Colt Peacemaker strapped on his side. 🤠

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Somehow I'd forgotten about that one, glad you reminded me of it. We were seriously considering catching one of those shows, but after the tours preceding, my Springsteen concert account was pretty much drained.
    Yeah, live would be pretty amazing. I was just talking about the Netflix version. Interesting if you're a bit of a Bruceophile.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

Have you seen "Springsteen on Broadway?" He just talks, tells you about his life , and then plays a killer solo version of a song on guitar or piano.
    Somehow I'd forgotten about that one, glad you reminded me of it. We were seriously considering catching one of those shows, but after the tours preceding, my Springsteen concert account was pretty much drained.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Well then, heads up for this week; songs with misunderstood lyrics.

Western Stars reference isn’t ringing a bell, what am I missing?
    It's the name of one of Bruce's more recent albums, released along with a film that featured the songs in concert with Bruce talking about various things in his life.

Western Stars - Official Trailer - Now Playing In Theaters - YouTube

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad