Heating Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating Oil

Heating oil is up 107%. That to me looks like a disaster in the making for heating in the NorthEast this winter. I had oil furnaces in all the properties I owned in New York. There was no alternative.

Jim it’s a serious concern , I’m looking at a $2500 fillip charge and looks like around 7000 for the winter coming . I’m spending $300 a week in gas and materials at work are up 25 to 70 % across the board . Right now I’m working more hours for less net profit and my prides are going to have to go up. This is going to kill those young families and fixed income families !

Comment

Right now LPG (propane) is about $2.30/gal.
      Normally, in the summer, propane will get down close to $1/gal.
      I think the highest I've ever seen it was $2.79/gal.
      With it staying above $2 this summer, I prolly need to start gathering fire wood!

Comment

Our LP price is running from $3.42 to 5.22 depending on usage. It’s hardly worth our time backing in to places that use less than 25 gal/year.

If things don’t get ugly it looks like our contract prebuy will be some where around $3/ gal. Not horrible considering but I’m sure our contracts and the ones we have with our suppliers will have the standard disclaimers in them about supply interruptions from uncontrollable circumstances.

Comment

I bought twice as much wood as we normally use before I left Pa. It's all stacked and covered. I assumed Natural gas will be twice the price of the Trump years. I'll turn down the thermostat and have at least one room where it's toasty warm. Thanks Brandon!!!

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

My county produces more oil and especially gas, than the rest of Colorado put together. Not sure what we can spend all those royalties on. Our libraries are already huge and new and paid for, roads, bridges, done.

I didn't know people still used heating oil. Like gas street lights.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
              My county produces more oil and especially gas, than the rest of Colorado put together. Not sure what we can spend all those royalties on. Our libraries are already huge and new and paid for, roads, bridges, done.

I didn't know people still used heating oil. Like gas street lights.
              Rat, those of us who read your posts are not surprised that you are admitting to not knowing something. Most of us have noticed the depth of your knowledge. Ignorance is one of your most endearing qualities.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                Our LP price is running from $3.42 to 5.22 depending on usage. It’s hardly worth our time backing in to places that use less than 25 gal/year.

If things don’t get ugly it looks like our contract prebuy will be some where around $3/ gal. Not horrible considering but I’m sure our contracts and the ones we have with our suppliers will have the standard disclaimers in them about supply interruptions from uncontrollable circumstances.
                Obama had a 2,500 gal tank installed at his place on Martha's Vinyard.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  I bought twice as much wood as we normally use before I left Pa. It's all stacked and covered. I assumed Natural gas will be twice the price of the Trump years. I'll turn down the thermostat and have at least one room where it's toasty warm. Thanks Brandon!!!

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

The place we had in the Adirondacks was a year round house. Oil burner with wood burner hooked up tp it. Then if electric went out we had a indoor propane, auto start generator. We burned 2 cord of wood per winter. We were there the weekend the actual temp went to -54deg. Record low for Old Forge area. Electric went out. We were snowmobiling when it warmed to -30deg.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad