Don't they know it's the end of the world
    It ended when I lost your love

Comment

Katy Perry - "Not the End of the World"

It's not the end of the world
      No, not the end of the world
      Throw on your fancy attire, fears in the fire
      Don't lose hope

Basically I'm an optimist and always look for the better side of anything. My philosophy is the squeeze the good time out of any event. One day, if I'm bleeding out from a car wreck, I'll probably be thinking "At least I'm not burning to death."
      Last edited by PigHunter; 06-30-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Don't lose hope

Basically I'm an optimist and always look for the better side of anything. My philosophy is the squeeze the good time out of any event. One day, if I'm bleeding out from a car wreck, I'll probably be thinking "At least I'm not burning to death."
        I was involved in a pretty bad wreck and was unable to get out of my vehicle.
        It was dark.
        Both doors jammed shut though the drivers door was about half open.
        Both feet were tangled in the wiring and who knows what all else under the dash.
        The hood was crumpled to where I could see into the engine compartment.....and the engine caught on fire!
        Thankfully, somebody in the gathering crowd had a fire extinguisher!

Comment

Don't lose hope

What you'll probably be thinking is, "Damn, that ambulance driver's not bad-looking at all. Wonder if she likes Karaoke?"

The other night I was telling my brother about the bear I saw, and I said that being killed by a mother bear protecting cubs, or by any bear for whatever reason, would be a pretty decent way to go. Especially -- if it wasn't a mother with cubs -- if I managed to kill the bear, too. They'd find me sprawled across the bear, bloody knife still clenched in my fist. Much better than dwindling away in a hospital bed.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I was involved in a pretty bad wreck and was unable to get out of my vehicle.
            It was dark.
            Both doors jammed shut though the drivers door was about half open.
            Both feet were tangled in the wiring and who knows what all else under the dash.
            The hood was crumpled to where I could see into the engine compartment.....and the engine caught on fire!
            Thankfully, somebody in the gathering crowd had a fire extinguisher!
            At 23, one of my good friends burned to death in a car. The bystanders could not get him out in time.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

What you'll probably be thinking is, "Damn, that ambulance driver's not bad-looking at all. Wonder if she likes Karaoke?"

The other night I was telling my brother about the bear I saw, and I said that being killed by a mother bear protecting cubs, or by any bear for whatever reason, would be a pretty decent way to go. Especially -- if it wasn't a mother with cubs -- if I managed to kill the bear, too. They'd find me sprawled across the bear, bloody knife still clenched in my fist. Much better than dwindling away in a hospital bed.
              Haha! Maybe so about that ambulance driver. I'll probably be wondering what her momma looks like too

Indeed, that would be the way to go, knife or short axe in hand! Sure way to achieve Valhalla.

Last edited by PigHunter; 06-30-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

One from the cassette collection. Haven’t listened to this in 30+ years until now.

Dokken

”Will The Sun Rise”

Comment

Camping at Four Mike Creek State Park. Right now we have lots of space around us on a side loop but campers are rolling in steady. Still, not bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0B6FD7F-14B5-45AA-A7F9-722D50C6C64E.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	799248

Comment

At 23, one of my good friends burned to death in a car. The bystanders could not get him out in time.
                    Once while in our local volunteer FD I was riding shotgun in our assistant Fire Chief’s personal truck when we were hit head on. The other car’s engine compartment caught fire and the two of us worked at putting it out and then attending the four victims. Two dead, one ended up in a coma for a couple months. The driver, who didn’t have a license and was excessively speeding, had only a busted up leg. All four were college kids headed back to another town. One of the deceased was the drivers own brother. Fortunately, as it were, he was gone before the flames got to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

LOL! I has lots of things running through my mind! WHAT the ambulance driver, or the EMT looked like WAS NOT at the top of the list! 😩
                      Blood, pain and broken bones can be a bit distracting to your surroundings. Plus being a bit shocky.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                        Camping at Four Mike Creek State Park. Right now we have lots of space around us on a side loop but campers are rolling in steady. Still, not bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0B6FD7F-14B5-45AA-A7F9-722D50C6C64E.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	799248
                        Nice! Looks peaceful.

PigHuntress and I are going out tonight for karaoke. She's hoarse and may not sing as much.

Tomorrow night I'm going out with Babe - she's got all night babysitting for her three kids. We're going to a bar to hear one of her friends play music, do some drinking and dancing. Then it's back home for some late night fun.

Comment

Last night karaoke, PigHuntress sang:

"Neither One Of Us" by Gladys Knight

"Something To Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt

"Cream" by Prince

Comment

Here's what I sang:

"Sail On" by The Commodores

"Ain't That A Kick In The Head" by Dean Martin

"Mississippi Queen" by Mountain

Comment

Elton John - "Someone Saved my Life Tonight"

Comment

Here's some images that apply

Last edited by PigHunter; 07-01-2022, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad