Just Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Right

Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years in development by Federal, the 30 Super Carry is designed specifically for concealed carry.
    Anyone got one? The magazine reviews gives it a thumbs up.

Do you have a link for that?
    I never heard of a cartridge developed for concealed carry.

Comment

This place is turning onto a regular gold mine of information.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Do you have a link for that?
        I never heard of a cartridge developed for concealed carry.
        You and Rat are confessing your astounding levels of ignorance quite a bit today. Acceptance is a step on the road to self understanding Snowhole. Maybe someday, you will stop accepting the MSNBCNN lies about Trump and learn to think for yourself. I doubt it, but there is always hope for even the most self befuddled, such as yourself.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

That is not much of a answer to be published in the Q & A section of F&S.

Comment

Actually, I don't think Jimbo's computer can post links.
            Nor can he open and read links posted by others.
            I was hoping some kind soul would help him out and do this forum a service by posting a link to an article on the subject.
            I do that all the time.

Comment

Well, here is something.
              And frankly, I am underwhelmed.

https://www.ssusa.org/content/new-fe...gun-cartridge/

Comment

Somewhere this cartridge has discussed on this forum with the consensus that it's a solution in search of a problem. Expensive, hard to find because it's the next great coming, and the guns that fire it are scarce. Two years from now the market will have more guns available than now, at a lesser price than now and nobody wanting them. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                  Somewhere this cartridge has discussed on this forum with the consensus that it's a solution in search of a problem. Expensive, hard to find because it's the next great coming, and the guns that fire it are scarce. Two years from now the market will have more guns available than now, at a lesser price than now and nobody wanting them. But I could be wrong.
                  Oh, quite like the .270 Redding, 6.8mm Rem SPC, .224 Valkyrie and the .244 Remington?
                  Great cartridges, but nobody gives a crap! 😉
                  Like that rifle I saw sitting on the used rack in Dallas. A .313 G&H Magnum?
                  Bet it's still on the shelf if the store is still open ... and that was 35 years ago!

Comment

Because guns never wear out, the manufacturers need a reason for customers to buy new guns, and new cartridges serve that need.
                    Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                      It is specifically designed for CC. Can't you read? Size of a .380 and hits like a 9mm. Small frame, high capacity but larger grip for better control. Heck, read it for yourself - Shooting Times July 22 - it is getting a thumbs up review. (for CC)

Comment

Naturally, the contrarians can not conceptualize nor do their own research. These new products with their features and benefits are not for those too ignorant to see the benefits. They are not for them even though they may like one for themselves. The World is full of idiots and we have a couple of certified ones right here. They know who they are.

Comment

I believe the 380 & 9mm are too well established for it to make any significant inroads. Always a fringe group who wants to be first with the newest but in our present world where every ammo is hard to find and ammo makers struggle to fill shortages of established cartridges this new round is got a huge uphill climb. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Let others lead the way first.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Well, here is something.
                            And frankly, I am underwhelmed.

https://www.ssusa.org/content/new-fe...gun-cartridge/
                            Thanks for the link.

Comment

Since the SCOTUS made their ruling I have a renewed interest in CC . I hate bulky things and excess weight , my wife also is applying for her carry lic. I like this new round and see the upside of the compact , extra rounds, good energy and penetration ! To me it’s worth a closer look .

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad