X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

As far as the pistol permit process goes it’s been up to individual County Judges to decide who gets what, if anything. And they can take their sweet time issuing. My sister in law moved here from another county only having a permit for home, range and hunting use. She updated her residence as required but apparently policy is not to upgrade to full concealed carry until she’s held residence here for a few years. This ruling should change that.

I would imagine County Pistol Clerks who do the processing are going to be swamped with not only new applications but upgrades as well.

Coincidently I renewed my Utah Pistol Permit on Thursday. That one keeps me legal in over 30 states.

I’d like to see national reciprocity.
    I'd like to see national reciprocity too.....but I'd also like to see GCA '34 and GCA '68 repealed.....along with a bunch of the other inane garbage laws they've passed to "harass" legal gun owners.

Before somebody gets their panties all in a wad, let me explain.
    I really don't think people need full auto firearms or sawed off shotguns, but you can't just toss out those collectors and aficionados! They ARE a part of the gun community.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I think what you are saying is that our elected officials would disarm the public to prevent an armed insurrection.
    Not for reasons of public safety, but for their own personal self defense.
    Thanks for the mouse's eye view of the world.
    99 I wonder why you post on this forum , you don’t like the members , you care not for others rights . You consistently a polemicist and I see no good in it . So you like to say you give facts to others insults , 2021 there was nearly 6 million new , first time gun owners ! Over 25 million new guns were bought in the same year. If legal gun sales and carry permits were a problem then this country would have been overwhelmed with gun violence by citizens who have this resource so readily available in their hands! 99 it was not the case at all, in fact every spin the liberals use is a twisted lie ! Public safety is not in jeopardy with citizens protecting theirselves , public safety is in jeopardy when we defund police , have so many officers leave the force because the job is not worth the aggravation ! Philadelphia , Pa is over 700 officers short on staff because no one wants the job , Baltimore can’t hire enough officers be of the Freddy Gray death and the city is lawless.
    I will ask you , why do so many elected Democrats want to disarm the public and refuse to pay attention to the constitution and real data that does not support the argument ? Why 99 is the AR the gun that has to go ? Why do Democrats demonize the AR as the mass shooters gun of choice when it’s used in 25% of mass shootings ( FBI statistics ) and 1% of gun deaths ? What will a ban do to protect public safety ? Homicides in this country are much more rare than opioid/fentanyl overdose deaths by nearly 10 to 1 ! One last question for you 99, if there is a real gun problem why do Democrats lie about how devastating these guns are ? Why are they so uneducated on the subject , so wrong about the black guns capability ! What doesn’t the press keep the Democrats in check ? Why is the Senate putting through a bill of 80 + pages without the time to have it read ? Why do we have reactionary politics passing unconstitutional laws ? Well it was more than one question !

I spoke to a business group o belong to this past week , when ask to speak at these events, You speak about your business , family and outside interest. I brought 4 cartridges with me and passed the first one around the room , a 8mm rem mag ! I shared its velocity and foot pounds of energy , next the 3006 ! Again I passed it around and gave its history as a military round and all around big game cartridge. The next a 2o4 ruger and explained its use and it’s 4000 fps speed . The last I informed the group “ please be careful , this round of mishandle is so evil, it disintegrates human bodies , it’s designed to tumble and cause horrific wounds , it chews up concrete and is responsible for most deaths! It’s the 5.56 or 223 rem. How many people came up to me and said it’s so small I did not realize that’s the AR cartridge ! When you are told the truth it’s hard to vilify the AR-15 ! Several people said they were going to email their representatives to vote no on the Delaware ban on assault style weapons !

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

It's good you don't have those problems....there.
    Recently read on another blog a gent was selling out his NY property and moving out-of-state because of the Cuomo/Hochul regime and gun freedom restrictions. Pretty sure his property wasn't "heirloom".

I think what you're saying is that it isn't the people so much as it's power hungry politicians.
    Power hungry pols fear an armed citizenry ... as they should!
    As far as the pistol permit process goes it’s been up to individual County Judges to decide who gets what, if anything. And they can take their sweet time issuing. My sister in law moved here from another county only having a permit for home, range and hunting use. She updated her residence as required but apparently policy is not to upgrade to full concealed carry until she’s held residence here for a few years. This ruling should change that.

I would imagine County Pistol Clerks who do the processing are going to be swamped with not only new applications but upgrades as well.

Coincidently I renewed my Utah Pistol Permit on Thursday. That one keeps me legal in over 30 states.

I’d like to see national reciprocity.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I think what you are saying is that our elected officials would disarm the public to prevent an armed insurrection.
    Not for reasons of public safety, but for their own personal self defense.
    Thanks for the mouse's eye view of the world.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I’ve had my Concealed Carry Permit since 1994 so that aspect of the case isn’t an issue. I live in a county that has been relatively easy to obtain an unrestricted permit compared to others. That’s been part of the problem with NY’s system, permits have been issued at the county level on an unequal level.
    It's good you don't have those problems....there.
    Recently read on another blog a gent was selling out his NY property and moving out-of-state because of the Cuomo/Hochul regime and gun freedom restrictions. Pretty sure his property wasn't "heirloom".

I think what you're saying is that it isn't the people so much as it's power hungry politicians.
    Power hungry pols fear an armed citizenry ... as they should!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Fitch270, being a NY'er, will this make any difference to you personally?
    Maybe update some personal decisions?
    I’ve had my Concealed Carry Permit since 1994 so that aspect of the case isn’t an issue. I live in a county that has been relatively easy to obtain an unrestricted permit compared to others. That’s been part of the problem with NY’s system, permits have been issued at the county level on an unequal level.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Fitch270, being a NY'er, will this make any difference to you personally?
    Maybe update some personal decisions?

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    As much as I dislike Cocaine Mitch , he deserves most of the credit for standing in the breach in 2015 and not having a vote for Garland .
    Then him and Trump appointed the notorious ACB to replace Ginsberg.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    The lawyer that presented the case to the Court has resigned. The law firm he was with has said they will not represent a gun cases again.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    The lawyer that argued the 2A case has been fired from the law firm that he worked for.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2022/06...decade-n583419

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...medium=twitter

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    Watch the video.
    The carry case is just a small part of the opinion.
    Thomas nuked intermediate scrutiny that the 9 th circuit used in so many cases. Unconstitutional.

Now that NY can't make you have a reason ,everyone who passes background check will get carry permit.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    It doesn't even go as far as "shall issue". It just nixes people having to say why they need a CC permit. I can't believe the tizzy this has put the left in, screaming and crying. I didn't even bother reading about it until I found an AP article in my feed. https://apnews.com/article/supreme-c...ign=SocialFlow

This is not some kind of radical ruling.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Finally got my SDA card in 2017. It's good for 5 years. It expires next month! 😃
    Gov Stitt signed "Constitutional Carry" onto law.
    OHP administers the license.
    You don't HAVE to renew, but a SDA card helps should you travel out of state.
    The only other state I travel to is Texas. I'm good! 😉

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Are you in MS?
    Multiple Sclerosis? No just slightly slowed by bad conditioning.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad