You guys are sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I hadn’t, thank you for the heads up. I’ve actually been thinking of joining GOA based on internet chatter. Under present circumstances with the NRA here it might be better if someone else steps up in State Court right now.

Edit; If GOA pulls this off to any substantial degree it will certainly help their credibility. Gotta start somewhere I guess.
    The NRA has proven to be relatively effective.
    The SAF has proven it's mettle quite often too.
    I like the JPFO, but jiminy cat whiskers, how many organizations can one man contribute to! LOL!

I belonged to NRA for awhile. I just got tired of all the duns! If they had spent as much money on lobbying and lawsuits as they did on printed literature they sent millions of members and ex-members, they wouldn't have to beg for more money! 🤷‍♂️

I tried SAF and JPFO! My mailbox STILL filled up with donation solicitations!
    I haven't belonged to SAF in ten years and I still get the occasional literature.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

The NRA has proven to be relatively effective.
      The SAF has proven it's mettle quite often too.
      I like the JPFO, but jiminy cat whiskers, how many organizations can one man contribute to! LOL!

I belonged to NRA for awhile. I just got tired of all the duns! If they had spent as much money on lobbying and lawsuits as they did on printed literature they sent millions of members and ex-members, they wouldn't have to beg for more money! 🤷‍♂️

I tried SAF and JPFO! My mailbox STILL filled up with donation solicitations!
      I haven't belonged to SAF in ten years and I still get the occasional literature.
      The second amendment foundation and NRA bring the best arguments and lawyers to court.
      The GOA is more bluster than anything, they have almost no victories in court . Heller and McDonald were originally 2nd amendment foundation and Bruen was NRA through NY state affiliate.
      One would think the NRA would have jumped all over NY law.
      2nd amendment foundation is heavily focused on neutering California gun laws .

Comment

IIRC, SAF is based in Seattle.
        SAF also won a gun rights suit for a U.S. territory somewhere in the Pacific.

Comment

I hadn’t, thank you for the heads up. I’ve actually been thinking of joining GOA based on internet chatter. Under present circumstances with the NRA here it might be better if someone else steps up in State Court right now.

Edit; If GOA pulls this off to any substantial degree it will certainly help their credibility. Gotta start somewhere I guess.
          NY attorney response to GOA lawsuit.
          You won't believe her argument.

Let's hope the judge issues an injunction.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...ck-down-n61506

Comment

On September 1st you will need a permit to buy or sell a semi automatic long gun including 22 rim fire here in NY.
            Another law will make any private businesses gun free zone punishable by a felony unless business has sign allowing carry.
            It virtually eliminates concealed carry in NY.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated again Dan.

I had reason to stop in at our Pistol Clerk last week, let’s just say she’s earning her paycheck lately.

As to the social media requirement for permit applications she flat out told me it’s illegal for them to actually go into the accounts, all they can do is keep the info on hand.

They saw the ruling coming and had everything laid out in advance. Never mind if it’s Constitutional or not. The only fear and chaos going on is in their own minds.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated again Dan.

I had reason to stop in at our Pistol Clerk last week, let’s just say she’s earning her paycheck lately.

As to the social media requirement for permit applications she flat out told me it’s illegal for them to actually go into the accounts, all they can do is keep the info on hand.

They saw the ruling coming and had everything laid out in advance. Never mind if it’s Constitutional or not. The only fear and chaos going on is in their own minds.

I was absolutely shocked to read that. I can carry today in those places but not on the 1st 🤯🤯
                The state's defense has no history or text defense in it. I would assume this judge would strike his down.

The Oneida county sheriffs said if the law withstands the lawsuit they will hire a internet vendor to scan everyone's social media.

Did they have Semi auto rife permits yet?

Monroe county issued a statement that they no longer issuing pistol permits, the state police are taking it over.
                Last edited by Danbo; 08-16-2022, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I left NY in 2015 after 65 years. It's a good feeling being away from that Democrat Sh*thole State. Concealed carry, ammo delivered to your doorstep, the Second Amendment honored along with citizenship. The local Sherrif vocally supports citizen carry, along with the local and state politicians. It's nice to not be considered smelly Walmart people and be valued as a non-urban citizen. NY is totally subservient to the urban population.

Let's GO Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

I was absolutely shocked to read that. I can carry today in those places but not on the 1st 🤯🤯
                    The state's defense has no history or text defense in it. I would assume this judge would strike his down.

The Oneida county sheriffs said if the law withstands the lawsuit they will hire a internet vendor to scan everyone's social media.

Did they have Semi auto rife permits yet?

Monroe county issued a statement that they no longer issuing pistol permits, the state police are taking it over.
                    I didn’t ask about the rifle permits, it’s our slow time at work but I was on the clock so made it quick.

I hadn’t realized until I looked up her office hours that the county had moved her from the County Clerk’s oversight to the Sheriff Dept’s just about a year ago.

One other issue is they haven’t defined exactly what “Social Media” constitutes. I’d also like to know who’s teaching the 16 hour safety courses for pistol permit renewals and what the curriculum entails.

Guessing there’s not a lot of substance behind many of the mandates.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                      I left NY in 2015 after 65 years. It's a good feeling being away from that Democrat Sh*thole State. Concealed carry, ammo delivered to your doorstep, the Second Amendment honored along with citizenship. The local Sherrif vocally supports citizen carry, along with the local and state politicians. It's nice to not be considered smelly Walmart people and be valued as a non-urban citizen. NY is totally subservient to the urban population.

Let's GO Brandon

You may have told us this once or twice already……

Comment

I'm trying to subtly suggest you vote with your feet, before you get carried out feet first. Upstaters are frowned upon from Albany. Legal discrimination against you, the, smelly Walmart people. Aware upstaters are a valuable resource somewhere where they can have a positive influence. NY is dead to Republicans and the Constitution.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                          I'm trying to subtly suggest you vote with your feet, before you get carried out feet first. Upstaters are frowned upon from Albany. Legal discrimination against you, the, smelly Walmart people. Aware upstaters are a valuable resource somewhere where they can have a positive influence. NY is dead to Republicans and the Constitution.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!
                          I know, but I’m not ready to throw in the towel. If the kids decide to settle elsewhere then maybe I could sell the farm in good conscience but not as long as there’s a possibility they’ll take ownership at some point. Besides, I don’t suffer bullies very well.

Comment

I hear you Fitch. I'm a pretty slow learner myself. It took me 65 years of abuse and trying to make things better before I pulled the plug. The Oswego County I grew up in was a pretty nice place. The get out of jail, no bail, tax up the wazoo, cray, cray NY I left is a place to be avoided. Good luck buddy, may the eye of Sauron not focus on you and yours.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

I didn’t ask about the rifle permits, it’s our slow time at work but I was on the clock so made it quick.

I hadn’t realized until I looked up her office hours that the county had moved her from the County Clerk’s oversight to the Sheriff Dept’s just about a year ago.

One other issue is they haven’t defined exactly what “Social Media” constitutes. I’d also like to know who’s teaching the 16 hour safety courses for pistol permit renewals and what the curriculum entails.

Guessing there’s not a lot of substance behind many of the mandates.
                              https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/...ion-reign.html

The law goes into effect at midnight and will basically make concealed carry impossible.

The Judge in Syracuse promised he would rule before the law takes effect.
                              I believe the courts close at 5 , got my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/...ion-reign.html

The law goes into effect at midnight and will basically make concealed carry impossible.

The Judge in Syracuse promised he would rule before the law takes effect.
                                I believe the courts close at 5 , got my fingers crossed.
                                WOW! They really are trying to push gun owning citizens out of New York state!

All you NYer's, I admire your courage and constitution to stay where you are!
                                Bless your hearts!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad