X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+ohi...d532c654b4bb81

I don't agree with the law. I thought the permit stopped people who should not even have a gun.

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    In Ohio the Course I took was taught by Police Instructors (off duty) and we had two days class and a day at the police range. It was recommended to bring your carry firearm to prove proficiency with it. Strong side and weak side scenarios.
    Last time I renewed the lady said they are thinking of doing away with renewals as they have had so few problems in the rather rural County I am in. Now it is a five year license.
    Isn't Ohio a now a Constitutional carry state now?
    Why get the permit and training if you don't need it anymore?

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    Doesn't that give the man the exact description and location of firearms they previously knew nothing about. They can not confiscate if they don't know location. What happens if you sell a firearm?

You need to take the gun off your permit when you sell it and the buyer needs to put it on his permit.

The sheriff department knows the serial number of every handgun legally owned in the state of NY
    Criminals have true constitutional carry in NY with almost no consequence if caught with an illegal gun

Note - Every firearm transactions must go through an FFL and background check
    There are no private sales in NY .

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    In NY your guns are enumerated on your permit. In Pa the citizen is issued a permit. No questions are asked. No finger prints, no training requirements,. The citizen assumes responsibility. My wife teaches a handgun class to female citizens, but it is not required by the State of Pa. The citizen makes the choice to gain skills and confidence.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    In Ohio the Course I took was taught by Police Instructors (off duty) and we had two days class and a day at the police range. It was recommended to bring your carry firearm to prove proficiency with it. Strong side and weak side scenarios.
    Last time I renewed the lady said they are thinking of doing away with renewals as they have had so few problems in the rather rural County I am in. Now it is a five year license.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Doesn't that give the man the exact description and location of firearms they previously knew nothing about. They can not confiscate if they don't know location. What happens if you sell a firearm?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    My carry permit is like a drivers' license.
    No specific firearms are mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Mine lists the few handguns I own but I’m not sure what they give you if you have more than will fit on the card. It’s a plastic photo ID the size of a credit card, handguns are listed on the back.

My wife got her CCP in case something happens to me, no transfer issues that way. The Kid will probably get his permit asap when he’s old enough and we’ll put them on his as well. It will be interesting to see fallout from this ruling, seems to me it opens the door to an 18 year old being able to get a permit.

They give you another card with your guns listed on it.

This decision goes well beyond concealed carry and opens a lot of doors for gun laws to be ruled unconstitutional.

Safe Act.? The courts used intermediate scrutiny.
    The Thomas court has ruled that unconstitutional.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied

Mine lists the few handguns I own but I’m not sure what they give you if you have more than will fit on the card. It’s a plastic photo ID the size of a credit card, handguns are listed on the back.

My wife got her CCP in case something happens to me, no transfer issues that way. The Kid will probably get his permit asap when he’s old enough and we’ll put them on his as well. It will be interesting to see fallout from this ruling, seems to me it opens the door to an 18 year old being able to get a permit.
    An 18 year old can be issued a CCL, but is unable to purchase a handgun?

What was that Ronald Reagan asked about abortion?
    "Have you noticed that all the people that are FOR abortion have already been born?"

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied

Does a concealed carry permit identify the firearm(s)?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied

As far as the pistol permit process goes it’s been up to individual County Judges to decide who gets what, if anything. And they can take their sweet time issuing. My sister in law moved here from another county only having a permit for home, range and hunting use. She updated her residence as required but apparently policy is not to upgrade to full concealed carry until she’s held residence here for a few years. This ruling should change that.

I would imagine County Pistol Clerks who do the processing are going to be swamped with not only new applications but upgrades as well.

Coincidently I renewed my Utah Pistol Permit on Thursday. That one keeps me legal in over 30 states.

I’d like to see national reciprocity.
    Does a concealed carry permit identify the firearm(s)?

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    I just pulled in to Thorne Bay summer residence.
    My wife, the NRA Handgun Instructor, the range officer, the IDPA official in charge of training all the IDPA safety officers in North America, couldn't get a permit to concealed carry in Oswego County, NY. We live in Pa now. Any citizen with a valid address, who can pass a standard background check, and has $20 can get a concealed carry permit in Venango County Pa. You can order ammo by the 1000s and have it delivered to your home.
    Democrats and too many Republicans have forgotten what Citizenship is, and what it's for. They have abandoned the Constitution and are actively subverting it. Time to bring that action to a stop. If their Insurrections are not prosecuted, ours will be attempted.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!
    I so agree and want to add that these politicians have no idea of what it took to form this republic ! They have no understanding of the trust we must have in each other
    as a community. The biggest misnomer with our press and representatives is they do not understand the responsibility we take on with firearms making us some of the most responsible people on earth , we make a mistake or break a rule and we could lose our right we hold so dear forever !

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I just pulled in to Thorne Bay summer residence.
    My wife, the NRA Handgun Instructor, the range officer, the IDPA official in charge of training all the IDPA safety officers in North America, couldn't get a permit to concealed carry in Oswego County, NY. We live in Pa now. Any citizen with a valid address, who can pass a standard background check, and has $20 can get a concealed carry permit in Venango County Pa. You can order ammo by the 1000s and have it delivered to your home.
    Democrats and too many Republicans have forgotten what Citizenship is, and what it's for. They have abandoned the Constitution and are actively subverting it. Time to bring that action to a stop. If their Insurrections are not prosecuted, ours will be attempted.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied

As far as the pistol permit process goes it’s been up to individual County Judges to decide who gets what, if anything. And they can take their sweet time issuing. My sister in law moved here from another county only having a permit for home, range and hunting use. She updated her residence as required but apparently policy is not to upgrade to full concealed carry until she’s held residence here for a few years. This ruling should change that.

I would imagine County Pistol Clerks who do the processing are going to be swamped with not only new applications but upgrades as well.

Coincidently I renewed my Utah Pistol Permit on Thursday. That one keeps me legal in over 30 states.

I’d like to see national reciprocity.
    I'd like to see national reciprocity too.....but I'd also like to see GCA '34 and GCA '68 repealed.....along with a bunch of the other inane garbage laws they've passed to "harass" legal gun owners.

Before somebody gets their panties all in a wad, let me explain.
    I really don't think people need full auto firearms or sawed off shotguns, but you can't just toss out those collectors and aficionados! They ARE a part of the gun community.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I think what you are saying is that our elected officials would disarm the public to prevent an armed insurrection.
    Not for reasons of public safety, but for their own personal self defense.
    Thanks for the mouse's eye view of the world.
    99 I wonder why you post on this forum , you don’t like the members , you care not for others rights . You consistently a polemicist and I see no good in it . So you like to say you give facts to others insults , 2021 there was nearly 6 million new , first time gun owners ! Over 25 million new guns were bought in the same year. If legal gun sales and carry permits were a problem then this country would have been overwhelmed with gun violence by citizens who have this resource so readily available in their hands! 99 it was not the case at all, in fact every spin the liberals use is a twisted lie ! Public safety is not in jeopardy with citizens protecting theirselves , public safety is in jeopardy when we defund police , have so many officers leave the force because the job is not worth the aggravation ! Philadelphia , Pa is over 700 officers short on staff because no one wants the job , Baltimore can’t hire enough officers be of the Freddy Gray death and the city is lawless.
    I will ask you , why do so many elected Democrats want to disarm the public and refuse to pay attention to the constitution and real data that does not support the argument ? Why 99 is the AR the gun that has to go ? Why do Democrats demonize the AR as the mass shooters gun of choice when it’s used in 25% of mass shootings ( FBI statistics ) and 1% of gun deaths ? What will a ban do to protect public safety ? Homicides in this country are much more rare than opioid/fentanyl overdose deaths by nearly 10 to 1 ! One last question for you 99, if there is a real gun problem why do Democrats lie about how devastating these guns are ? Why are they so uneducated on the subject , so wrong about the black guns capability ! What doesn’t the press keep the Democrats in check ? Why is the Senate putting through a bill of 80 + pages without the time to have it read ? Why do we have reactionary politics passing unconstitutional laws ? Well it was more than one question !

I spoke to a business group o belong to this past week , when ask to speak at these events, You speak about your business , family and outside interest. I brought 4 cartridges with me and passed the first one around the room , a 8mm rem mag ! I shared its velocity and foot pounds of energy , next the 3006 ! Again I passed it around and gave its history as a military round and all around big game cartridge. The next a 2o4 ruger and explained its use and it’s 4000 fps speed . The last I informed the group “ please be careful , this round of mishandle is so evil, it disintegrates human bodies , it’s designed to tumble and cause horrific wounds , it chews up concrete and is responsible for most deaths! It’s the 5.56 or 223 rem. How many people came up to me and said it’s so small I did not realize that’s the AR cartridge ! When you are told the truth it’s hard to vilify the AR-15 ! Several people said they were going to email their representatives to vote no on the Delaware ban on assault style weapons !

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad