Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys are sleeping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Danbo View Post

    The permit process doesn't prevent any criminals from NY from getting anything they want.

    Maybe the criminals in OHIO are more law abiding and try to go through the permit process🙃
    Permits are processed by the Sheriff and much more detailed than a background check.

    Comment


    • #47
      Permits should not be issued to "Subway" customers;-))

      "Too much mayo on a sandwich’: Subway customer kills employee, shoots woman over order."

      https://news.yahoo.com/too-much-mayo...023354127.html

      Comment


      • #48
        Did I read some of these answers correctly. Your guns are listed on your permit. That is a huge invasion of privacy what do with my money is no one else’s business. So thankful I I moved south.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

          Permits are processed by the Sheriff and much more detailed than a background check.
          The sheriff does it here in NY also but yet the criminals still have any firearms that they wan in NY. Ohio must have no gun violence if you think the permit stops criminals from getting handguns.

          Criminals will always have whatever they want. They don't care about permits.

          Vermont has had constitutional carry forever and yet their per capita crime is low.

          Comment


          • #50
            I said a permit could stop someone who should not get one, period. All the other qualifiers you added and really, they sound stupid.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              I said a permit could stop someone who should not get one, period. All the other qualifiers you added and really, they sound stupid.

              What? How?
              Are they not true?

              Did I hit a nerve ?

              Every thing I said is true. Our criminals have many handguns without permits.


              Comment


              • #52
                I think what our friend Danbo is saying is that because criminals can get whatever weapons they want without any paperwork, law abiding citizens should enjoy the same privilege.
                A non sequitur.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Danbo View Post


                  What? How?
                  Are they not true?

                  Did I hit a nerve ?

                  Every thing I said is true. Our criminals have many handguns without permits.

                  Everything you said was/is true. The problem IS NOT the honest, day by day gun owner.
                  Honest gun owners are the ones that all the asinine gun laws affect, yet libtards are blinded by their own fear, rage and stupidity.
                  They couldn't care less about honest gunowners because they stand in the way of the "socialism" they're trying to bring to America.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    I think what our friend Danbo is saying is that because criminals can get whatever weapons they want without any paperwork, law abiding citizens should enjoy the same privilege.
                    A non sequitur.
                    Law abiding citizens should enjoy vastly more privileges than criminals. In spite of the Democrat urge for equity, citizenship should be rewarded, not penalized. The NY Supreme Court just ruled that Non-citizens can't vote in NY. Only a NY Democrat or other mental defective could believe otherwise.

                    Let's GO Brandon!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Danbo View Post


                      They give you another card with your guns listed on it.


                      This decision goes well beyond concealed carry and opens a lot of doors for gun laws to be ruled unconstitutional.

                      Safe Act.? The courts used intermediate scrutiny.
                      The Thomas court has ruled that unconstitutional.

                      Thanks Dan, after reading this it reminded me of a conversation at our club a few years ago between a couple guys talking about the number of cards they each had.


                      Hoping dominos start falling but the process could take awhile.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                        Did I read some of these answers correctly. Your guns are listed on your permit. That is a huge invasion of privacy what do with my money is no one else’s business. So thankful I I moved south.
                        Yep, and agreed but no plans to go anywhere. Still glad to see some sanity prevail regardless.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Many years ago in N.Y. state, if a concealed weapon license holder wished to add another gun to his list, he had to surrender his original license for the additional gun, and hope that it didn't result in its revocation by someone who might think the original license should not have been issued in the first place.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

                            Yep, and agreed but no plans to go anywhere. Still glad to see some sanity prevail regardless.
                            I can definitely understand the "heir" side of things. The deed to the land we occupy was awarded in the last Oklahoma land rush* in 1904.
                            It was settled by my wife's great grandfather.

                            * - it really wasn't a "rush" like the first one. They just opened up the land for settlement.

                            Edit:
                            Red clay that won't soak up water, is harder than concrete. Droughty
                            No water
                            Hot in summer
                            Cold in winter
                            non existant water table (i.e. no well)
                            There is a well. It produces a whopping 80* gallons a day! 😜
                            Using that on the garden saves on the water bill ... and it's stinky water! LOL!
                            Tree species - elm, hackberry, locust and some black jack oak.
                            This area is known as "The Cross Plains".
                            When settlers came into the "Cross Plains", the black jack oaks and the understory created such an impenetrable thicket, even the Indians wouldn't even venture into it.

                            No wonder they gave it away!

                            * - the recommendation is 100 gallons per person per day.
                            Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-27-2022, 07:51 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

                              Yep, and agreed but no plans to go anywhere. Still glad to see some sanity prevail regardless.

                              https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/jud...#axzz7Zyde2lCS


                              I don't know if you saw this but it sounds like this judge is going to put a stay on this law.

                              The only problem I see with this case is who brought it.
                              They bring a lot of lawsuits that go nowhere.
                              I would feel better if it was NRA or the Second amendment foundation .

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Danbo View Post


                                https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/jud...#axzz7Zyde2lCS


                                I don't know if you saw this but it sounds like this judge is going to put a stay on this law.

                                The only problem I see with this case is who brought it.
                                They bring a lot of lawsuits that go nowhere.
                                I would feel better if it was NRA or the Second amendment foundation .
                                I hadn’t, thank you for the heads up. I’ve actually been thinking of joining GOA based on internet chatter. Under present circumstances with the NRA here it might be better if someone else steps up in State Court right now.


                                Edit; If GOA pulls this off to any substantial degree it will certainly help their credibility. Gotta start somewhere I guess.
                                Last edited by fitch270; 07-24-2022, 03:10 PM.

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X