You guys are sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    I just pulled in to Thorne Bay summer residence.
    My wife, the NRA Handgun Instructor, the range officer, the IDPA official in charge of training all the IDPA safety officers in North America, couldn't get a permit to concealed carry in Oswego County, NY. We live in Pa now. Any citizen with a valid address, who can pass a standard background check, and has $20 can get a concealed carry permit in Venango County Pa. You can order ammo by the 1000s and have it delivered to your home.
    Democrats and too many Republicans have forgotten what Citizenship is, and what it's for. They have abandoned the Constitution and are actively subverting it. Time to bring that action to a stop. If their Insurrections are not prosecuted, ours will be attempted.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!
    I so agree and want to add that these politicians have no idea of what it took to form this republic ! They have no understanding of the trust we must have in each other
    as a community. The biggest misnomer with our press and representatives is they do not understand the responsibility we take on with firearms making us some of the most responsible people on earth , we make a mistake or break a rule and we could lose our right we hold so dear forever !

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

As far as the pistol permit process goes it’s been up to individual County Judges to decide who gets what, if anything. And they can take their sweet time issuing. My sister in law moved here from another county only having a permit for home, range and hunting use. She updated her residence as required but apparently policy is not to upgrade to full concealed carry until she’s held residence here for a few years. This ruling should change that.

I would imagine County Pistol Clerks who do the processing are going to be swamped with not only new applications but upgrades as well.

Coincidently I renewed my Utah Pistol Permit on Thursday. That one keeps me legal in over 30 states.

I’d like to see national reciprocity.
      Does a concealed carry permit identify the firearm(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Does a concealed carry permit identify the firearm(s)?
        Mine lists the few handguns I own but I’m not sure what they give you if you have more than will fit on the card. It’s a plastic photo ID the size of a credit card, handguns are listed on the back.

My wife got her CCP in case something happens to me, no transfer issues that way. The Kid will probably get his permit asap when he’s old enough and we’ll put them on his as well. It will be interesting to see fallout from this ruling, seems to me it opens the door to an 18 year old being able to get a permit.

Comment

Mine lists the few handguns I own but I’m not sure what they give you if you have more than will fit on the card. It’s a plastic photo ID the size of a credit card, handguns are listed on the back.

My wife got her CCP in case something happens to me, no transfer issues that way. The Kid will probably get his permit asap when he’s old enough and we’ll put them on his as well. It will be interesting to see fallout from this ruling, seems to me it opens the door to an 18 year old being able to get a permit.
          An 18 year old can be issued a CCL, but is unable to purchase a handgun?

What was that Ronald Reagan asked about abortion?
          "Have you noticed that all the people that are FOR abortion have already been born?"

Comment

They give you another card with your guns listed on it.

This decision goes well beyond concealed carry and opens a lot of doors for gun laws to be ruled unconstitutional.

Safe Act.? The courts used intermediate scrutiny.
            The Thomas court has ruled that unconstitutional.

Comment

My carry permit is like a drivers' license.
              No specific firearms are mentioned.

Comment

Doesn't that give the man the exact description and location of firearms they previously knew nothing about. They can not confiscate if they don't know location. What happens if you sell a firearm?

Comment

In Ohio the Course I took was taught by Police Instructors (off duty) and we had two days class and a day at the police range. It was recommended to bring your carry firearm to prove proficiency with it. Strong side and weak side scenarios.
                  Last time I renewed the lady said they are thinking of doing away with renewals as they have had so few problems in the rather rural County I am in. Now it is a five year license.

Comment

In NY your guns are enumerated on your permit. In Pa the citizen is issued a permit. No questions are asked. No finger prints, no training requirements,. The citizen assumes responsibility. My wife teaches a handgun class to female citizens, but it is not required by the State of Pa. The citizen makes the choice to gain skills and confidence.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Doesn't that give the man the exact description and location of firearms they previously knew nothing about. They can not confiscate if they don't know location. What happens if you sell a firearm?

You need to take the gun off your permit when you sell it and the buyer needs to put it on his permit.

The sheriff department knows the serial number of every handgun legally owned in the state of NY
                      Criminals have true constitutional carry in NY with almost no consequence if caught with an illegal gun

Note - Every firearm transactions must go through an FFL and background check
                      There are no private sales in NY .

Comment

In Ohio the Course I took was taught by Police Instructors (off duty) and we had two days class and a day at the police range. It was recommended to bring your carry firearm to prove proficiency with it. Strong side and weak side scenarios.
                        Last time I renewed the lady said they are thinking of doing away with renewals as they have had so few problems in the rather rural County I am in. Now it is a five year license.
                        Isn't Ohio a now a Constitutional carry state now?
                        Why get the permit and training if you don't need it anymore?

Comment

https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+ohi...d532c654b4bb81

I don't agree with the law. I thought the permit stopped people who should not even have a gun.

Comment

https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+ohi...d532c654b4bb81

I don't agree with the law. I thought the permit stopped people who should not even have a gun.
                            The permit process doesn't prevent any criminals from NY from getting anything they want.

Maybe the criminals in OHIO are more law abiding and try to go through the permit process🙃

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

The permit process doesn't prevent any criminals from NY from getting anything they want.

Maybe the criminals in OHIO are more law abiding and try to go through the permit process🙃
                              The exact point Danbo , why is it so hard to see ?

Comment

Back in the early 70's, I had a '54 Chevy pickup.
                                Guy came by one day and wanted to buy it.
                                He had cash,!
                                I like cash!
                                He got my pickup and a title.
                                I got his cash.
                                FIVE YEARS LATER------!!!
                                I get a call from my mom. She got a visit from a county deputy.
                                Seems they found the pickup, 300 miles away and it was STILL registered in my name!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad