Fuz Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuz Bug

Does it work on other things - like ticks?

looks like the real thing

Fuze Bug.... Our Daily Finds (gadgetreviewking.com)

There's the question of how far it reaches, i.e. if you have it in your campsite, you might be able to let down your guard right there, but you'd still need to spray on your DEET or wear your Permethrin-treated clothes anyway, as soon as you left camp to go fish, hunt, hike, or whatever.

Generally when product endorsements focus on mosquitoes, blackflies, and other flying insects -- even if they do mention ticks in there somewhere -- I tend to be skeptical. Ticks are in a class of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      There's the question of how far it reaches, i.e. if you have it in your campsite, you might be able to let down your guard right there, but you'd still need to spray on your DEET or wear your Permethrin-treated clothes anyway, as soon as you left camp to go fish, hunt, hike, or whatever.

Generally when product endorsements focus on mosquitoes, blackflies, and other flying insects -- even if they do mention ticks in there somewhere -- I tend to be skeptical. Ticks are in a class of their own.
      Did you know ticks are a large part of the diet of Opossim's

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Did you know ticks are a large part of the diet of Opossim's
        Yep. I've heard, too, that on the domestic front, free-ranging chickens or guinea hens do a lot of good around the yard. Guinea hens are also excellent "watch dogs," raising quite an alarm when a strange person or animal shows up. No reports on what else they're good for, though I imagine their eggs are probably good to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Yep. I've heard, too, that on the domestic front, free-ranging chickens or guinea hens do a lot of good around the yard. Guinea hens are also excellent "watch dogs," raising quite an alarm when a strange person or animal shows up. No reports on what else they're good for, though I imagine their eggs are probably good to eat.
          Guinea hens, it don't have to be a stranger! LOL!
          Any disturbance in their vicinity and they set up a ruckus.

To keep ticks at bay, keep your yard mowed...short. Keep pets and livestock treated for ticks.
          Keep trees, shrubs and flowers trimmed back away from your house.

....and don't by any of that electronic crap-o-la. It don't work.

As for possums and ticks, does jimbo have any idea just HOW MANY ticks a possum would have to eat for a meal?

Eating ticks would expose a possum to every blood-borne disease in the area.
          Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-23-2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I checked online reviews-it's not top of line and is meant for flying insects (mosquits) so, no on ticks unless they've gone airborne. Makes a nice nickname for our current Imposter in Chief, though.

Comment

I got this on my arm while on Lake Erie. No idea what caused it. The dark centers looked like blood. No pain, do feel of a bite, no itch. I am perplexed.
              Sorry for pic does not take too good close up. This is on the inside of lower Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1079.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	799001 arm

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                by PigHunter
                Here's what I sang:

"Sail On" by The Commodores

"Ain't That A Kick In The Head" by Dean Martin...
                Today, 03:00 PM
              • TGIF; Armageddon
                by fitch270
                Not sure how this week will play out, the idea just came to mind.

Nickelback

“If Today Was Your Last Day”

06-29-2022, 07:11 AM
              • Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                by PigHunter
                Last night karaoke, PigHuntress sang:

"Neither One Of Us" by Gladys Knight

"Something To Talk About"...
                Today, 03:00 PM
              • Repeal Pittman-Robertson Act?!
                by MattM37
                Can't fault a politician working to preserve 2A rights, but repealing Pittman-Robertson for the cause seems counterintuitive.

Congressman...
                Today, 02:41 PM
              • Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                by 99explorer
                And here is the answer.

"The Battle of the Somme was, the Allies hoped, going to be the battle that end the war, but the offensive petered...
                Today, 01:31 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X