Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How to tell if you have a gun obsession? Answer: ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How to tell if you have a gun obsession? Answer: ...

You refinish your Hobby Lobby key holder because the barrel/receiver look too worn. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2847.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	612.8 KB
ID:	798672 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2852.jpg
Size:	468.3 KB
ID:	798671 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2855.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	798670

Yep, that's when you know obsession! Looks good enough to hunt with.

Comment

Nice job. It looks like new. I'm about to try hydro-dipping my 10-22 stock just for something to do. That could be an obsession.

Comment

Hand cut checkering, just sayin’.
        😎

Comment

Anything chambered in 16 gauge!
          Even if it's old and ESPECIALLY if it's stamped Win M12! 🤯

If it's stamped Win M12, chambering is irrelevant! 😉

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            Hand cut checkering, just sayin’.
            😎
            That would be a no 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

That would be a no 🤔
              Handcut checkering?
              Love gorgeous, handcut checkering. Always wanted to try it, but I'm just too impatient! LOL!

Comment

When one looks at a gun and thinks it ugly and of no practical use, and it still finds it’s way to his gun safe !

Comment

Well when you know not to touch guns at the store because you will buy one. ( you end up with a very expensive.22 you don’t have time to shoot.) When your Amazon cart is full of gun parts. Or related items for gun upgrades repairs projects tools. When you tell your wife and kids don’t worry about getting me anything for anything my hobby is to expensive. When you buy guns based on how you can get them in the house. And not get busted. When you have to stop and think where they all are and or what you did with them. When some returns a borrowed gun and you are genuinely surprised because you forgot you loaned it out. When you have to tell your kids don’t let your mother sell my guns for what I told her they cost me. If you’ve ever cleaned out something and found a gun you forgot you had. Or if you own more rifles than shoes or boots. If when you are with a group and someone says did anyone bring a gun and everyone looks at you. And you don’t have to answer the question. Please don’t ask. When some asks you how many guns you own and you can’t give them a good answer. Or when you out grown a 64 gun safe a closet and and are eating up a second closet with ammo and optics and related goodies. I mean that’s what my buddy tells me. I lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident.

Comment

You refinish your Hobby Lobby key holder because the barrel/receiver look too worn. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ Click image for larger version

Btw it looks great. I’ve got a 11-87 super mag that could use some work.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      When one looks at a gun and thinks it ugly and of no practical use, and it still finds it’s way to his gun safe !
                      Isn’t it funny how that works out.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                        Nice job. It looks like new. I'm about to try hydro-dipping my 10-22 stock just for something to do. That could be an obsession.
                        The dipping is neat but years ago it didn’t wear so well. And I can tell you for a fact bug spray will eat it off most anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                          The dipping is neat but years ago it didn’t wear so well. And I can tell you for a fact bug spray will eat it off most anything.
                          I'm wondering if new advancements in base coat and clear coat will help it stick better. I got some base coat paint that will allow dip films to adhere well for 18 months while rattle can base coats allow a max of one hour during which the film will completely adhere. The satin or gloss clear coats available now supposedly help protect the paint from chemicals, solvents and chipping much more than anything available a few years ago. I'm anxious to see how it hold up although my 10/22 gets pretty mild treatment.

Comment

What a great way to spend your time bringing that old girl back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                              Well when you know not to touch guns.
                              LMAO Mildawg... some great ones there. Sounds like Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if:...". You made my day!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad