Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should say, "NO!" to gun control compromise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I'd be OK with a lifetime ban on gun ownership by members of this forum who speak approvingly of a civil war.
    Saying things of that nature only makes those of us whom oppose any gun control stand more firmly. How about we have I.Q. Test for voting. Let’s start with that and I bet things change for the better real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Right, that's what I meant. Rock Rat made it sound like the East was the hotbed of stupid, incompetent people who should have their ownership rights restricted (to be fair, he did mention California, too, i.e. "west of the Sierras.") -- and I was saying, Hey, they're not all in the east, look at out West, too -- and definitely including the Left Coast.

Did I use that expression about cornering the market incorrectly? Could be; I was never all that sure how to use that expression.
      You used it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
        I'd be ok with restriction on people E of the Mississippi. Seems to be a big geographic divide. Might want another line W of the Sierras.

Maybe a basic intelligence test, we don't want armed imbeciles. Ask things like who won the 2020 election or do horse pills cure covid.
        You mean east of the Smokey mountains.

Comment

Thousands are leaving CA for Mexico. Might be some low IQ in that group.

Comment

Here's EXACTLY why you tell liberals "NO!" when it comes to gun control!

"... Democrats are not operating in good faith. Joe Biden himself has said that he and his party will not stop with this compromise. So why compromise? ..."

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06...ks-out-n579614

If I went in to negotiate, my first, nonnegotiable condition would be to repeal the GCA '34, the GCA '68 and dump background checks and nix Form 4473!
            Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-16-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              Here's EXACTLY why you tell liberals "NO!" when it comes to gun control!

"... Democrats are not operating in good faith. Joe Biden himself has said that he and his party will not stop with this compromise. So why compromise? ..."

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06...ks-out-n579614

If I went in to negotiate, my first, nonnegotiable condition would be to repeal the GCA '34, the GCA '68 and dump background checks and nix Form 4473!
              I don’t think it should be the Wild West. But I also think the penalties for using a gun in commission of a violent crime should be so severe you would think twice. What’s a few years in prison to a criminal. 3 hots and a cot no bills or taxes. Shit they got a better deal than we got working everyday. Possibly an I.Q. Test I definitely know some people who shouldn’t be allowed to walk with scissors let alone own a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

I don’t think it should be the Wild West. But I also think the penalties for using a gun in commission of a violent crime should be so severe you would think twice. What’s a few years in prison to a criminal. 3 hots and a cot no bills or taxes. Shit they got a better deal than we got working everyday. Possibly an I.Q. Test I definitely know some people who shouldn’t be allowed to walk with scissors let alone own a firearm.
                I understand your reluctance, 'dawg, but I don't think it would turn into the "Wild West".

"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert Heinlein
                Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-16-2022, 08:50 PM.

Comment

The Wild West was pretty tame compared to the mass shootings we have here today.

Comment

BTW, 'dawg, we've had laws against using firearms in the commission of a crime on the books for ages. It doesn't stop them if they are determined.
                    Shooting a LEO, whether fatal or not, should be an automatic death sentence.

Comment

The gun issue is sticky ! I do agree with dawg, it should not be all or nothing, but in saying that, that catches me agreeing with Bubba to a point ! As I said, a sticky issue. Dimwits can not be negotiated with where the 2A is involved as they leave no room for such ! As long as the SC is in the corner of common sense, we are still on the winning side. The midterms may very well be a determining factor if the D’s hold Congress, there is the outside chance they could pack the court and then all bets are off as to firearm ownership being protected. But as long as the SC is our backup I have to agree with Bubba in general, but not to the point of being the “Wild West” per dawg !!!

Comment

Florida shooters didn't give an inch on raising the age to buy semi-auto rifles, and so the legislature just raised to 21 the age for the purchase of ANY firearm, including .22 single shot bolt action target rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          I'd be OK with a lifetime ban on gun ownership by members of this forum who speak approvingly of a civil war.
                          Well ya, there's that too. Didn't they lose the last one?

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Right, that's what I meant. Rock Rat made it sound like the East was the hotbed of stupid, incompetent people who should have their ownership rights restricted (to be fair, he did mention California, too, i.e. "west of the Sierras.") -- and I was saying, Hey, they're not all in the east, look at out West, too -- and definitely including the Left Coast.

Did I use that expression about cornering the market incorrectly? Could be; I was never all that sure how to use that expression.
                            I think most probably don't know the Sierras other than a pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                              You mean east of the Smokey mountains.
                              I guess you're right, generally E of the entire appalachian chain. W Virginians and Ohio have fairly sensible people.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad