Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should say, "NO!" to gun control compromise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should say, "NO!" to gun control compromise!

Liberals whine that (R)'s are real iron-a$$ed when it comes to compromise on "gun control".
    Here's why.
    "Give them an inch, and they want a mile!".

Whatever they ask for, demand that GCA '34 and GCA '68 be repealed---IMMEDIATELY!!!!

"Red Flag Laws"?
    Demand all age restrictions on firearms purchase/ownership be repealed!

DO!
    NOT!
    GIVE!
    ONE!
    DAMNED!
    INCH!
    😡

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...ntrol-n2608616

Democrats have convinced me that they are not to be trusted. Not with red flag laws, not with mental health evaluations, not with compromising on anything. They won't practice equal justice, defend the border, protect the Supreme Court Justices, or allow us our traditional freedoms, I can't compromise with that attitude.

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

Yeah not in the habit of compromising for anything. Hard way to live life but it is what is.

Comment

There is no such thing as comprising with a D ! Their objective is total gun abolishment, just how are we to make any compromise with ‘total’ !?!? If their foot ever gets in the door, their demand will be ‘no door’ ! As the Indians reportedly used to say ‘white man speaks with forked tongue’ . Substitute dimwit for white man ! D’s are not to be trusted in any manner.

Comment

I'd be ok with restriction on people E of the Mississippi. Seems to be a big geographic divide. Might want another line W of the Sierras.

Maybe a basic intelligence test, we don't want armed imbeciles. Ask things like who won the 2020 election or do horse pills cure covid.

Comment

I'd be OK with a lifetime ban on gun ownership by members of this forum who speak approvingly of a civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
              I'd be ok with restriction on people E of the Mississippi. Seems to be a big geographic divide. Might want another line W of the Sierras.

Maybe a basic intelligence test, we don't want armed imbeciles. Ask things like who won the 2020 election or do horse pills cure covid.
              Aren't the cities of Columbine and Uvalde between the Mississippi and the Sierras?

Not that I'm suggesting further restrictions anywhere, just pointing out that the East doesn't have the corner on the nutcase or malcontent market.
              Last edited by MattM37; 06-14-2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

If you look at statistics, those under 21 can not be trusted. Didn't Rush call that group having a head full of mush.

Comment

Young skull full of mush.

Comment

'Red Flag' is the first step to confiscation under the guise of stopping mental people with guns.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      If you look at statistics, those under 21 can not be trusted. Didn't Rush call that group having a head full of mush.
                      What statistics? I have not found the under-21 demographic to have any higher percentage of liars, dimwits, weirdos, and malcontents than I've seen in any other age group.

But here's a statistic worth mentioning: When it comes to shooting mishaps during hunting seasons, teenaged hunters are the safest. That's a lot different than criminal shootings but it surely says something about trustworthiness.

Comment

"... the East doesn't have the corner on the nutcase or malcontent market. ..."

Wha......?
                        Look at the "Left Coast"!
                        Folks out their can't decide whether to stand or squat to pee. They don't know which bathroom to use. Robbery of less that $999 is legal. Hardened criminals must be released. All the boys should be girls and vice versa!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

What statistics? I have not found the under-21 demographic to have any higher percentage of liars, dimwits, weirdos, and malcontents than I've seen in any other age group.

But here's a statistic worth mentioning: When it comes to shooting mishaps during hunting seasons, teenaged hunters are the safest. That's a lot different than criminal shootings but it surely says something about trustworthiness.
                          Do some research
                          https://www.bing.com/search?q=age+of...41aaa5fe30f016

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            "... the East doesn't have the corner on the nutcase or malcontent market. ..."

Wha......?
                            Look at the "Left Coast"!
                            Folks out their can't decide whether to stand or squat to pee. They don't know which bathroom to use. Robbery of less that $999 is legal. Hardened criminals must be released. All the boys should be girls and vice versa!
                            Right, that's what I meant. Rock Rat made it sound like the East was the hotbed of stupid, incompetent people who should have their ownership rights restricted (to be fair, he did mention California, too, i.e. "west of the Sierras.") -- and I was saying, Hey, they're not all in the east, look at out West, too -- and definitely including the Left Coast.

Did I use that expression about cornering the market incorrectly? Could be; I was never all that sure how to use that expression.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Right, that's what I meant. Rock Rat made it sound like the East was the hotbed of stupid, incompetent people who should have their ownership rights restricted (to be fair, he did mention California, too, i.e. "west of the Sierras.") -- and I was saying, Hey, they're not all in the east, look at out West, too -- and definitely including the Left Coast.

Did I use that expression about cornering the market incorrectly? Could be; I was never all that sure how to use that expression.
                              I lived in Colorado for a while. They have their share of "loonies"!
                              At that point, you could still "bum" around the country, working small jobs in small towns and earn enough to move on to the next small town.
                              Not in Colorado! The "Californio dopers" outnumbered the locals!

Of the local businesses, only those that had been established for many years had a chance! Everything else in town was a bunch of "fly-by-nighter" hippie types that never intended to actually establish a business. They just wanted to hornswoggle their way to the next town to start all over.
                              ....and the big money Texicans! LOL! They were everywhere! Mostly jerks, but they were there.
                              I knew a fellow Texan who bought property outside Pagosa Springs, CO and set himself up as a Colorado resident so he could get resident hunting licenses!
                              The next spring, he figured out that as a Colorado resident, he had to pay Colorado state income taxes!
                              Texas doesn't have state income tax! LOL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad