Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Diesel $9.19 at one Chevron in L.A., $8.00 for Reg.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    They say that our internal combustion engines will run on Scotch whiskey.
    Now there is a silver lining.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    It is about $5 for reg, , diesel is a big rip off and is close to $7 in CA.

People are rearranging their budgets to accommodate the prices or going in credit card debt.

I can see the inflation continuing higher.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 05-30-2022, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Society will break down when food is scarce OR worse not available. Along with energy cost and availability and rents going though the roof there will be violence in the streets.

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Some gas stations are re programing their pumps for double digit prices. Thanks Biden.
    I think it's going to be 7 bucks a gallon.

I think the economy will collapse before it reaches 10.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    When I was a kid we went to the Sunoco stations that had the blend pumps. Some had modified their pumps so we could get pure octane. The octane wheel would spin but not the other wheel. You are an old fart it you remember those. We found the octane was around 100.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Refiners are running 17% below normal - supply and demand may do it. Also, there is some talk of oil we import being 'dirty' which puts more demands on refiners.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Did some searching and found reports of one gas station doing that, and as the article says, it's not because of any expectation that regular gas will go to double-digit prices.

The station sells 100-octane to racers, and that gas is normally up in the $8 or $9 range. So, given the same rate of increase as regular gas, that high-priced stuff will very likely hit $10.

Washington gas station reprograms pumps for $10 per gallon prices for an unusual reason | Fortune

Don't jump to any conclusions about my politics; I'm not defending Biden by an means, and the whole fuel situation along with a lot of other things smells like a rat. It might be an idea, though, not to sound the alarms too hastily. There's enough of that going around already.
    I’ve been dropping in on the guy I used to wrench for, he said the race fuel he uses was $12/gal last year but only went up a buck. Different market really. Not surprisingly car counts are down a bit.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    The news made it sound like regular gas.
    You realize gas in some places in Europe has been equivalent to $10 for a gallon of fuel for years.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Did some searching and found reports of one gas station doing that, and as the article says, it's not because of any expectation that regular gas will go to double-digit prices.

The station sells 100-octane to racers, and that gas is normally up in the $8 or $9 range. So, given the same rate of increase as regular gas, that high-priced stuff will very likely hit $10.

Washington gas station reprograms pumps for $10 per gallon prices for an unusual reason | Fortune

Don't jump to any conclusions about my politics; I'm not defending Biden by an means, and the whole fuel situation along with a lot of other things smells like a rat. It might be an idea, though, not to sound the alarms too hastily. There's enough of that going around already.
    Last edited by MattM37; 05-19-2022, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic How Does $10 Sound

How Does $10 Sound

Some gas stations are re programing their pumps for double digit prices. Thanks Biden.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Feelin’ It
    by PigHunter
    "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John

Today, 06:59 PM
  • TGIF; Feelin’ It
    by fitch270
    Whatever “It” is….😳

Remember her?

Today, 08:43 AM
  • Reply to Liz Cheney loses big!
    by franchi20
    An unique feature of putting a member of this outfit on ignore is seeing it has posted the latest on a topic, but being unable to see the post. It's almost...
    Today, 06:56 PM
  • Liz Cheney loses big!
    by labrador12
    Weird! Wyoming Republicans didn't vote for a pretend Republican that hangs out with the anti-American, anti-oil and gas, anti-cow, anti-farm and ranch...
    Yesterday, 11:20 PM
  • Reply to "A little rebellion...."
    by labrador12
    You can tell an agency is dishonest by the subjects it investigates. Burning and bombing churches, no FBI interest. Countrywide rioting and arson, molotov...
    Today, 06:55 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X