Comment

Otis Redding.

Y’all know it.

Comment

Tompall Glaser - "Put Another Log on the Fire"

https://youtu.be/BWpYQjuJ0u0

Comment

Hillbilly to son: "Look out and see if it's raining."

Son's reply: "Aw Paw, just call in the dog and see if he's wet."

Comment

Thinking about slacking makes me think of Pat McManus's story, "Temporary Measures." Most of which become permanent, of course. I've got a few things like that working now.

Never Sniff A Gift Fish - Google Books

I've also developed a bad habit, or maybe not so bad, of simply throwing things away when I don't want to deal with them, or clean them, or find a place for them, or whatever. This past weekend I threw away my turkey decoys. Every spring, I debate whether I should take them out -- I've hardly used them in ten years and I've still killed some gobblers. And they were a big part of the jumble of clutter in the little room I call my den. I feel good about it, but just wait -- sometime this season or next, I'll have a gobbler hang up out of range and I'll be saying "If only I had a decoy up, he'd have come those last twenty yards!"

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                    Thinking about slacking makes me think of Pat McManus's story, "Temporary Measures." Most of which become permanent, of course. I've got a few things like that working now.

Never Sniff A Gift Fish - Google Books

I've also developed a bad habit, or maybe not so bad, of simply throwing things away when I don't want to deal with them, or clean them, or find a place for them, or whatever. This past weekend I threw away my turkey decoys. Every spring, I debate whether I should take them out -- I've hardly used them in ten years and I've still killed some gobblers. And they were a big part of the jumble of clutter in the little room I call my den. I feel good about it, but just wait -- sometime this season or next, I'll have a gobbler hang up out of range and I'll be saying "If only I had a decoy up, he'd have come those last twenty yards!"
                    Great point Matt. I need to get rid of half the crap accumulated here. If it's not be used in the last 5 years it probably needs to go.

Comment

This is not heavy metal:

Spanky & Our Gang "Lazy Day" on The Ed Sullivan Show - YouTube

Comment

This is heavy metal:

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight (from Epitaph) - YouTube

(Get it? You can stay up late when you're a slacker and won't be going to work in the morning. Hopefully not doing the same things Judas Priest was probably doing, but hey, live a little.)
                        Last edited by MattM37; 05-18-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I've got a 20' shipping container for a "shop".
                          I need to go through it. I have one little aisle that I can only sidestep down! 😖

"Junk accumulates in direct proportions of the space available for it to occupy!"

Okay, I at least recognize I'm somewhat of a hoarder.....just not full blown! 😜
                          I just have a hard time tossing something I think I can use another way or repair.
                          My f-i-l had a pile of junk/scrap iron on an old barn foundation.
                          No idea HOW many skunks, 'coons, possums, rats, snakes I saw disappear in it and fighting off wasp nests. Old brake drums catching water and hatching mosquitoes!
                          Finally loaded it up when scrap was $270/ton. Made nearly $500....and immediately needed some bits and pieces! LOL!

Comment

[QUOTE=FirstBubba;n797202]I've got a 20' shipping container for a "shop".
                            I need to go through it. I have one little aisle that I can only sidestep down! 😖

"Junk accumulates in direct proportions of the space available for it to occupy!"

Okay, I at least recognize I'm somewhat of a hoarder.....just not full blown! 😜
                            I just have a hard time tossing something I think I can use another way or repair.
                            My f-i-l had a pile of junk/scrap iron on an old barn foundation.
                            No idea HOW many skunks, 'coons, possums, rats, snakes I saw disappear in it and fighting off wasp nests. Old brake drums catching water and hatching mosquitoes!
                            Finally loaded it up when scrap was $270/ton. Made nearly $500....and immediately needed some bits and pieces! LOL!
                            [/QUOTE

My oldest brother is just that way. Any time you point out some piece of crap he's had for twenty years, in the same spot in his shed or garage, he'll say, "I might need it someday, you never know." It's pure hell for the rest of us, that rare occasion when he's right.

Comment

I’ve thinned out a bunch of excess stuff the past couple years. Threw out whatever was true junk but either sold or gave away anything that was functional but unused. The stuff I sold I let go cheap so it would move quick. Odd thing is sometimes people were more appreciative of getting a great deal than getting something free.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                                This is heavy metal:

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight (from Epitaph) - YouTube

(Get it? You can stay up late when you're a slacker and won't be going to work in the morning. Hopefully not doing the same things Judas Priest was probably doing, but hey, live a little.)
                                On that note.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad