• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    I knew that would show up.

Comment

Whatever happened to Melissa Etheridge? I liked some of her songs in the 90s.

Bruce Springsteen and Melissa Etheridge - Thunder Road - YouTube

That MTV Unplugged was a good show. But then, MTV used to be a pretty good channel overall, when it was still about music.
      This may have been the beginning of the end, cool as it was.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I knew that would show up.
          I had forgotten just how many different singers they had for that. Speaking of those Bruce Springsteen impersonations a couple weeks ago: At one wedding reception or graduation party, I can't remember which it was, a couple cousins and I did a "We Are the World" performance, actually singing it and mimicking the stars. We were 13, 14, thereabouts. We killed it. Probably would have gone viral if there'd been social media back then.

Comment

Vince Gill, Patty Loveless - "Go Rest High On That Mountain"

https://youtu.be/l11oCvBxnQ0

Comment

Ray Charles, Willie Nelson - "Seven Spanish Angels"

https://youtu.be/x8A9Y1Dq_cQ

Comment

The Pistol Annies - "Got My Name Changed Back"

Comment

Santana and Rob Thomas

Comment

Stevie and Don

Comment

Bryan Adams and Tina Turner

Comment

I had forgotten just how many different singers they had for that. Speaking of those Bruce Springsteen impersonations a couple weeks ago: At one wedding reception or graduation party, I can't remember which it was, a couple cousins and I did a "We Are the World" performance, actually singing it and mimicking the stars. We were 13, 14, thereabouts. We killed it. Probably would have gone viral if there'd been social media back then.

Maybe a reunion performance?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                          Ray Charles, Willie Nelson - "Seven Spanish Angels"

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Maybe a reunion performance?
                            Great idea, plus being grownups now we could fuel the performance with beer!

Comment

The story of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terell is one, ultimately, of tragedy. Two soul artists with their own, rapidly rising careers, in collaboration they carved out enduring hits such as You’re All I need to Get By, Your Precious Love, and If I Could Build My Whole World Around You. And, of course, Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.

Yet, a list of stellar recordings only tells half the story. Tammi was diagnosed with a brain tumour at just 22, and, after years of poor health, died at the age of 25. A star taken far to soon, it’s remarkable to think that she continued touring after diagnosis, and indeed penned some of the aforementioned hits with Gaye. Without wishing to trivialise the point, this was a truly spiritual collaboration – two artists who adored each other and brought out the best in each other. After Terrell’s passing, Marvin Gaye was objectively never the same; he withdrew from touring and wrote far more introspective music such as 1971’s legendary album ‘What’s Going On’. A trend that continued until, of course, his own tragic death.

Comment

Michael Jackson and Eddie Van Halen • Collaboration: "Beat It" • Year: 1982 • "Beat It" was among the biggest hits ever for Michael Jackson, spending three weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100. For the song's signature guitar solo, Jackson's producer Quincy Jones contacted rocker Eddie Van Halen. The Van Halen guitarist thought he was being pranked, but when he found out the request was genuine, he performed the solo for free.

​​​​​

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad