Constitutional carry in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitutional carry in Florida?

Gov. DeSantis plans to pass constitutional carry law in Florida before leaving office.

https://news.yahoo.com/gov-desantis-...041409537.html

Evidence of safety training not required.
    I once knew a dude back in Texas who admitted to FIVE accidental discharges with firearms in his home, including one in the kitchen that ventilated his refrigerator.
    He assured me that he was nevertheless a safe gun handler.
    I've also known chain saw users with missing fingers who claimed to be very careful around power tools.

Comment

Santa Rosa Florida Sheriff is requesting homeowners to shoot home Invaders. Sounds like a good idea to me. Criminals should be worried about the consequences of violating the law. Democrats reward criminals that violate the law. That's why Snowhole is a Democrat voter, laws are for the little people and criminals are useful in promoting Democrat objectives. The Snowhole worries that his criminal accomplices may die before their usefulness is over if Constitutional Carry is accomplished.

Let's GO Brandon!!

Comment

I'm thinking that everybody that can handle a gun already has one.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          I think 5.4 million first time gun buyers in 2021 would disagree with you. More importantly they disagree with liberals about their right to own and carry !

Comment

So you are a Illegal guns are good guns kind of guy. Trusting citizens with guns is against your principles, but voting for anyone who can walk, talk, or crawl, no matter their citizenship, is a-ok with you??.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

I don't dispute their right to own.
              I just question the wisdom of it.

Comment

I attribute a large part of my hearing loss to my past association with gun owners with careless gun-handling habits.

Comment

I don't dispute their right to own.
                  I just question the wisdom of it.
                  Do you question the right to defend one’s own life or the lives of their family or community ? I don’t want to be sarcastic or confrontational , I am truly engaging in debate. I’m sorry to hear you lost hearing because of someone’s poor handling of firearms however poor behavior happens in every part of our lives. I’m more scared of the smart phone in some peoples hands than I am a gun ! Trust in the wisdom of the constitution , trust in your fellow American ! Almost no one wants to injure another person or go to jail for brandishing a firearm . 99 do you want only the predators out there with weapons ? Personally I don’t carry , I don’t have the need to and also Maryland makes it very difficult to get a permit. I find the liberal message that gun violence can be stopped by making it harder for law abiding citizens to own and carry fundamentally stupid. I am also offended by any gun owner debating the right of another gun owner right to have firearms. It touches on liberal elitism ! I can handle the responsibility but you can’t ! I have faith in my fellow man and respect other right to make decisions for their own lives. If you don’t want to carry them don’t but others may feel different

Comment

I attribute a large part of my hearing loss to my past association with gun owners with careless gun-handling habits.
                    I attribute a large part of my hearing loss to living an interesting life. Operating farm equipment, flying in DeHavilund Beavers and Bell Jetranger helicopters in the Canadian Northland, outboard motor and motorcycles, and hunting and shooting in multiple states and countries. I own my hearing loss, I earned it happily and enjoyably. I miss being able to hear movies and speach in crowded places, but wouldn't trade any of my noisey past for a better hearing tomorrow.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

I will never understand the stupidity surrounding the thinking that ANY gun law will ever reduce the criminal use of firearms !! And to think that law abiding persons should be forced to be subjected to the dangers of the criminal element as a result of being unarmed, is the height of dimwit insanity ! Until a way is found to remove guns from criminals (yeah right) there will never be an acceptance of any form of gun control.........nor should there be !!! Advocates of no bail justice reform, and their soft feelings on punishment of criminals, can only blame themselves for the gun violence and it always being a major factor in our lives !

Comment

I didn't have a legal hand gun until I moved to Pa at the age of 65. I lived primarily in NY where legal hand gun permits to carry are almost impossible to acquire for the majority of citizens. NY effectively banned citizens from self defense, particularly in urban areas. Murders and shootings were as widely common as anywhere else, but the ability to defend oneself was eliminated by the State. I acquired a carry permit legally and a hand gun within two months of establishing my residence in Pa. I find having a concealed weapon is comforting to a elderly citizen who looks more and more like a possible easy to rob mark. I don't enjoy appearing to be old and frail but geezerhood will do that to a man.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad