Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My pet peeve is hunting buddy being late causing both of us to be late to the woods. What is your pet peeve? More in first answe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pet peeve is hunting buddy being late causing both of us to be late to the woods. What is your pet peeve? More in first answe

My pet peeve is hunting buddy being late causing both of us to be late to the woods. What is your pet peeve? More in first answer-

Would like to add that my best friend moved and lives a 3.5 hour drive from me (DeMoines, IA). We still hunt 6-8 times a year. He is never late and sometimes it's another 3 hrs drive from my house to the woods or marsh.

Comment

It really bugs me when people are not patient enough in the mist of hunt. When they give up after a unsuccesful day. It takes time to find the animals and sometimes patients is the best virtue.

Comment

I totally agree with both of you. I hate it when my buddies are late. I make it a point to be early, or if I will be late then I at least call. I hate it when you have an animal coming in and all of a sudden you hear footsteps, and it is your buddy. Saying that he hasnt seen anything and wants to move.

Comment

Agree with you all also. I get upset with hunting buddies when they get impatient. But sometimes their impatience has payed off for me. I also dont like it when they are late. My one friend was late everytime he was suspose to meet us. We finally left without him and after that he has never been late again.

Comment

I answered on the wrong post but as I said before, if I'm not early then I'm late.

Comment

makin more noie than a herd of elephants and talking

Comment

Lame excuses for missing a shot.
                and what everybody else said.

Nate

Comment

I'm with Chris. People talking and making noise tick me off.

Comment

When I get stuck paying for everything and my bud does not reimburse me when we agreed to split costs on trips.

Comment

When my buddy gets upset with missing and says if it flies it dies, that's when I go home.

Comment

I have several; Tardiness shows a lack of respect for everyone involved. Laziness is also a big pet-peeve. Alcoholism, the kind where they get drunk and obnoxious every night.

A lack of gun safety will end a hunting trip before we leave the vehicle. If you wave a gun in my face, no matter if you think its loaded or not, I will defend myself by getting as far from you as I can and never getting near you again.

Comment

All of you have given great answers, I would like to add to the list COMPLAINERS/WHINERS...
                          nothing ruins a trip faster than someone bitching about the weather, bugs, terrain, etc etc etc...

Comment

When said hunting buddy shares the spot with his or her friends...!

Comment

The person who puts the flashlight right in your eyes when its really dark out, then you totally lose your night vision. This irks me to no end.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                                Today, 04:39 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by 99explorer
                                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                                Today, 03:02 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                                Today, 02:39 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                I am most pleased with the Barrett confirmation, now we only need to see the fallout from the D’s. With the reelection of Trump, probably not too much...
                                Today, 01:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X