Gunowner Liability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunowner Liability

San Jose has voted to require gunowners to have liability insurance on everyone in their household, and pay an annual fee that will be put toward a "gun violence reduction" program. The fee won't be much, but it's still a fee.

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    San Jose has voted to require gunowners to have liability insurance on everyone in their household, and pay an annual fee that will be put toward a "gun violence reduction" program. The fee won't be much, but it's still a fee.
    If this only pertains to gun owners, but includes a program to cover all people, this would certainly be challenged under a discrimination charge. It is amazing the BS these anti’s continue to reveal their idiocy with.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

If this only pertains to gun owners, but includes a program to cover all people, this would certainly be challenged under a discrimination charge. It is amazing the BS these anti’s continue to reveal their idiocy with.
      Yes, it only pertains to gun owners. It was on "NewsMax" this morning.

Comment

The USCCA already provides to members legal representation in any litigation from gun liability.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          This will be challenged in the courts and will be struck down.

Cal Guns and 2cnd amendment foundation are on this bad law in San Jose.

These anti gun politicians throw a whole bunch of sh-t against the wall to see what sticks.
          Most of it doesn't.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...lity-insurance

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              The USCCA already provides to members legal representation in any litigation from gun liability.
              ...and their "membership" IS NOT cheap!

Comment

I'm sure if you read the insurance it doesn't cover illegal acts. An insured person can't go shoot 15 people and the insurance company pays, no illegal activity is ever covered by insurance. Accidents are what, 600 per year, and how many of those are felons mishandling guns.

What the law does do is give some Californians glee for a few months as it makes it's way up however far in the courts it goes. I guarantee you, now is a real bad time for people to try to make new gun laws.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  I'm sure if you read the insurance it doesn't cover illegal acts. An insured person can't go shoot 15 people and the insurance company pays, no illegal activity is ever covered by insurance. Accidents are what, 600 per year, and how many of those are felons mishandling guns.

What the law does do is give some Californians glee for a few months as it makes it's way up however far in the courts it goes. I guarantee you, now is a real bad time for people to try to make new gun laws.
                  Except in NY and California where individuals have forfeited their rights to the Democrat Party!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-requirement/

Here is the legal challenge.

Comment

It seems, even in the legal use of a firearm like self defense, the shooter is confronted with a civil law suit. Am I wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

It seems, even in the legal use of a firearm like self defense, the shooter is confronted with a civil law suit. Am I wrong ?
                        You're right. But that's a legal use. I don't know what the incidence is, but I'd think 99% of (made up percent by me thank you very much) firearm death and injury is illegal.

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad