2022 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Olympics

Do you watch any of the Winter Olympics? As a skier I like the Downhill. Some of the bravest skiers you will ever meet. They go down the hill at 60 to 80mph (top recorder speed 96 mph) This list is some of the greats. My style was Jean-Claude-Killy in the '60's. My ski's are named after him.
    Lindsey should be there this year. My favorite women's downhill is Peek aboo Street. Absolutely fearless.
    I was 25 before I took ski lessons in Germany. There were 8 of us in Expert class , we skied on the Zugspitze Mtn. At the end of the week we held a race amongst the 8 of us and I won it. I will see if I can find a pic of me after winning the race. It was a real thrill to ski a Giant Salom course. Note: for the lessons we skied on much shorter 180cm ski's, my every d Click image for larger version  Name:	jim_germany_1969.jpg Views:	0 Size:	343.3 KB ID:	790315 ay ski's were 215cm.

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/fastes...83772927014296

here is a video of 2014 Olympics. Bodie Miller is the most U.S. medal winner of all time
    ​​​​​​​https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-22-2022, 03:07 PM.

Just like golf courses, there are far too many trees on the slopes, and they have a magnetic attraction for skis.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      Do you watch any of the Winter Olympics? As a skier I like the Downhill. Some of the bravest skiers you will ever meet. They go down the hill at 60 to 80mph (top recorder speed 96 mph) This list is some of the greats. My style was Jean-Claude-Killy in the '60's. My ski's are named after him.
      Lindsey should be there this year. My favorite women's downhill is Peek aboo Street. Absolutely fearless.
      I was 25 before I took ski lessons in Germany. There were 8 of us in Expert class , we skied on the Zugspitze Mtn. At the end of the week we held a race amongst the 8 of us and I won it. I will see if I can find a pic of me after winning the race. It was a real thrill to ski a Giant Salom course. Note: for the lessons we skied on much shorter 180cm ski's, my every d Click image for larger version Name:	jim_germany_1969.jpg Views:	0 Size:	343.3 KB ID:	790315 ay ski's were 215cm.

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/fastes...83772927014296

here is a video of 2014 Olympics. Bodie Miller is the most U.S. medal winner of all time
      https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
      Gosh, if you had a blonde figure-skater standing beside you, and a Walther PPK in your pocket, you'd look just like James Bond in that picture. Those are the best Bond films, in my opinion, the ones with the skiing scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Gosh, if you had a blonde figure-skater standing beside you, and a Walther PPK in your pocket, you'd look just like James Bond in that picture. Those are the best Bond films, in my opinion, the ones with the skiing scenes.
        The blonde is just off camera. I tried to get in the beginner class where all the girls were but kept getting kicked up to intermediate and finally expert, 7 guys 1 girl in expert. A fun note we met up with some guys that had a VW bus and then, we met up with a Army General from Belgium. He hung around with the four of us us for the entire week (even when we were smoking a little pot), he was very young for being a General. . He flashed his I.D. and got us in the fancy restaurants - no wait, right to the head of the line. Other than that he kept his I.D. turned around. We all had a great time when the ski's were off. Graduation party I received a trophy for winning the Giant Salom race, plus they gave me this picture they took of me.

Comment

I watch the hockey games if I can and if I happen to remember that they're on. Some of the ski-jump events are fun to watch. Nothing else ever interested me much. Curling is a game I'd like to try but it's not really a spectator sport.

Comment

My buddy Bill, was a great fly fisherman, a hunter, the former head of the Alberta Parks Dept, and a curler. He was the only person I've ever known who was a curler. He and his wife used to go to Vegas every year too. He was one of my best friends, a great buddy of Glock and is the kind of man everyone should aspire to be, even
            if he was a Canadian midget.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad