X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's New ?

Shot Show 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRdGvkCgtM
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-21-2022, 10:07 PM.

8.6MM up to 300gr in a barrel with a 1:3 twist !

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      I watched a few videos on this years shot show.
      S&W is pushing their CSX handgun and I'm surprised how many gun companies exist that I never heard of. Most of them make modern sporting rifles . 🤮🤮🤮

Seems like majority of gun owners want ugly guns .

Note - I'm not against MSR , I just don't like them.

Comment

Here is S&W CSX.
        Can you own to many 9mm handgun?

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
          Here is S&W CSX.
          Can you own to many 9mm handgun?

I'm not a 9mm fan. Yeah, in a scrape it beats a sharp stick, but just barely!

Ok, danbo.
          From history. The standard issue military officer sidearm issue in WWI was a .38 Special. Once we entered the war, our forces ran into doped up Turkish troops. The .38 Spl just didn't get the job done, so the Army adopted the Colt 1911 in .45ACP.
          that big old, fat, slow lead brickbat worked every time.
          between WWI and WWII, the Army went back to the 9mm as a sidearm issue.
          WWII, drugged up German and Japanese soldiers proved the 9mm to be inefficient. Back to the Colt 1911.
          Same in Korea.
          Same in 'Nam.

The 9mm is a great round, but something bigger is better.

Now, the Gov't has taken the proven .40S&W away and issued a Glock 9mm.
          Gov't agents are now undergunned.
          It will prove itself in time.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I'm not a 9mm fan. Yeah, in a scrape it beats a sharp stick, but just barely!

Ok, danbo.
            From history. The standard issue military officer sidearm issue in WWI was a .38 Special. Once we entered the war, our forces ran into doped up Turkish troops. The .38 Spl just didn't get the job done, so the Army adopted the Colt 1911 in .45ACP.
            that big old, fat, slow lead brickbat worked every time.
            between WWI and WWII, the Army went back to the 9mm as a sidearm issue.
            WWII, drugged up German and Japanese soldiers proved the 9mm to be inefficient. Back to the Colt 1911.
            Same in Korea.
            Same in 'Nam.

The 9mm is a great round, but something bigger is better.

Now, the Gov't has taken the proven .40S&W away and issued a Glock 9mm.
            Gov't agents are now undergunned.
            It will prove itself in time.
            Actually it was during the early 1900s insurrection in the Philippines that the military found the 38 lacked stopping power. On the drugged up mors.

The 1911 was adopted by the US military in 1911. The war to end all wars didn't start until July 1914, the US didn't enter the war until April 1917.
            I believe the 1911 45 was standard sidearm from 1911 to 1986 until Beretta won the contract.

The Sig is the standard issue for the US military today replacing my Beretta M9.
            Glock came in second to the Sig in Military tests.

9mm ammunition has come a long way for n stoping power and is way better than a sharp stick .
            Last edited by Danbo; 01-22-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, the reason 9mm is the round to own, if you're only owning one, is because you can afford to shot the gun enough to become proficient with it. Us poor folks can afford to learn how to shot a gun for $100 a thousand. Paying three or four times as much makes a guy figure he can get to his shotgun and doesn't need a handgun that he can't afford to shoot enough to really master.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Actually it was during the early 1900s insurrection in the Philippines that the military found the 38 lacked stopping power. On the drugged up mors.

The 1911 was adopted by the US military in 1911. The war to end all wars didn't start until July 1914, the US didn't enter the war until April 1917.
                I believe the 1911 45 was standard sidearm from 1911 to 1986 until Beretta won the contract.

The Sig is the standard issue for the US military today replacing my Beretta M9.
                Glock came in second to the Sig in Military tests.

9mm ammunition has come a long way for n stoping power and is way better than a sharp stick .
                Actually Glock passed every test, Sig DID NOT. The contract went to Sig based on $$$, and I think something about spare parts.

Re: 1911, I believe the 1911 was not actually adopted until 1912. Just a small technicality.
                Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-23-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/09/...the-glock-19x/

Says here they both passed the tests but Glock lost points because safety issue.

The Sig is modular and can be changed to different calibers.
                  Last edited by Danbo; 01-22-2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...g-glocks-21433

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/g...ally-unveiled/

Here are a couple links on why Glock lost to Sig.

Last edited by Danbo; 01-22-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Lots of carbon fiber barrels now being offered. That is a break through that may help to reduce the price of these barrels. It's nice to have lighter barrels, especially if you stomp the Rockies. Proof Research barrels are great but their price has now crossed over $800 apiece.

It would be nice to find someone at the Shot Show that had bullets, primers and powder so we could shoot all these new rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                        Lots of carbon fiber barrels now being offered. That is a break through that may help to reduce the price of these barrels. It's nice to have lighter barrels, especially if you stomp the Rockies. Proof Research barrels are great but their price has now crossed over $800 apiece.

It would be nice to find someone at the Shot Show that had bullets, primers and powder so we could shoot all these new rifles.
                        I just pulled another rifle out to check out the 'before' condition. I thought this rifle was clean before I put it away. Looks like it will be some work.
                        The Chrome paste will be here the 25th.

Comment

Whatever you say.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Whatever you say.
                            I provided links on why Glock lost, you have provided no links to back up what you said.
                            You probably didn't read the links

Yes Sig gave a lower bid but according to all of he sources including the Military Times , GOA , and other links I shared Sig out performed and more importantly had the better modular side arm. The only place I could find that said Glock won was on a Glock forum ( I wonder why) and someone's opinion on a YouTube channel.

Comment

The CBP is now armed with Glock 19 9mm.
                              Very few of the agents are happy about the switch.
                              The H&K P2000 in .40 S&W they had been using had proven itself time and again. Not only the gun, but the cartridge too.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad