No announcement yet.

The "Gap"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War and brought down the Berlin Wall, resulting in the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
    Danbo is hard to impress.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

I didn't say I didn't like him , I just said he wasn't as great as people make him out to be.
      Neither was Bush, Bush, Clinton, Obama - so what ?

Comment

Reagan cut taxes for the highest earners, then he increased taxes on the working class 6 times including a huge payroll tax increase. Under Reagan the deficit grew from 70 to175 billion, then bush's dad from there to 300 billion, then Clinton to zero, then Bush Jr to 1.2 trillion. Republicans are great at cutting taxes for me, but they make your kids pay for all that money I get to put in the market.

Comment

“but they make your kids pay for all that money I get to put in the market” !

So who is the real ahole here ? Those who you claim are corrupt for giving tax breaks, or those such as yourself for taking advantage of the corruption you are claiming ? Ridiculing something on one hand and gaining on it in the other, presents a ‘wonderful’ image does it not ? You sound almost gleeful of the entire situation, the same one you have disdain for. Really, just where are you coming from ???

Comment

Bhr, this, I presume, from the same who thinks the unvaxxed "deserve" to die?
            Nice!

Comment

When Trump and the Republican congress decided that I didn't have to pay any taxes on 20% of my profits I didn't have any choice. They decided that employees wouldn't get that kind of a gift, but because I own a business, I do. So my qualifying income, and taxes, were reduced at the highest bracket I pay.

Sorry.

The corporate tax breaks were poured into stock buy backs by companies pushing up the value of my portfolio. No I don't take any of those $$$$s and spend them, I push them back into the market thank you very much. Oh, NASDAQ down 20% this year? That's ok it's still up 200% over the past 5 years. Sure beats that 7% COLA on SS you all will get.

You vote for these folks. Oh I agree, good on guns, good on immigration, but horrible for the working stiff on economics. Talk about a government handout! The poor get some food stamps and the wealthy get hundreds of thousands (or much much more) in tax breaks. And your kids will pay for it.

Don't like it? Call your congressman.

Comment

For some reason, reductions of income tax rates generally result in MORE tax revenue for the Treasury Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Bhr, this, I presume, from the same who thinks the unvaxxed "deserve" to die?
                  Nice!
                  Yes Bubba, you are correct. That was in response to free expert opinion from Rat regarding the ‘serious’ conservative mistakes in politics. We need to look no further than words from Rat to live error free and be worthwhile citizens !

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    For some reason, reductions of income tax rates generally result in MORE tax revenue for the Treasury Dept.
                    Or that was the claim anyway. Also gold spun from straw. If we brought rates down to zero the Treasury would be spilling over with $$$s right?

Comment

No, the Laffer Curve shows that the least revenue (zero) comes from a zero tax rate and a 100% tax rate.
                      It's too complex to explain for the members of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Yes Bubba, you are correct. That was in response to free expert opinion from Rat regarding the ‘serious’ conservative mistakes in politics. We need to look no further than words from Rat to live error free and be worthwhile citizens !
                        What made America great!
                        https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...apitalism.html

Comment

I see a Red wave a'com'n! 😀

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01...ritory-n513209

Comment

I certainly hope you are correct Bubba ! However, there is still time for the dimwits to pass more vote buying legislation in order to get themselves out of the hole they put their party into. I put nothing past these liars and their corruptness is beyond paramount ! I only wish the midterms were next week and not 9 months away. Voters have a way of losing their memories after a few months !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                              I certainly hope you are correct Bubba ! However, there is still time for the dimwits to pass more vote buying legislation in order to get themselves out of the hole they put their party into. I put nothing past these liars and their corruptness is beyond paramount ! I only wish the midterms were next week and not 9 months away. Voters have a way of losing their memories after a few months !
                              Well, we'll see if this will make any difference.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...-poll-workers/

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                                No, the Laffer Curve shows that the least revenue (zero) comes from a zero tax rate and a 100% tax rate.
                                It's too complex to explain for the members of this forum.
                                I'm unfortunately all too familiar with the bogus Laffer Curve. It's now called the Laughter curve, it's most recent use was in Kansas. They paid Laffer to help set up the program they went from a budget surplus to bankruptcy in a year, and to cut everything, until they could throw out the tax laws they'd implemented.

First called voodoo economics, Reagan was a big supporter. Give rich people tons of money by borrowing from the Chinese, what could go wrong?

Ridiculous

80s recessions=Reagan 90s Bush, dot come=Clinton, see how it dips below zero, he had a big old surplus, and then boy Bush came in and said a surplus is dangerous and we oughta get rid of it, oh he got rid of it alright, called the great recession. Look up your Laughter Curve on Wiki, good place to start. Every money grubber that comes in says the same thing, and they just take money from the poor and middle class and give it to the wealthy.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 4.20.32 PM.png
Views:	78
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	790665

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Primaries in PA and GA
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Who is She?...
                                  Yesterday, 10:34 PM
                                • Primaries in PA and GA
                                  by rock rat
                                  They are soon, next week and the week after I'm thinking. The two Trump candidates aren't very Trumpy in my view. Dr Oz would be a better fit with the...
                                  05-12-2022, 08:08 AM
                                • Reply to Scopes
                                  by Milldawg
                                  The new models and dozens of recticles are to dazzle dazzle new shooters not guys like us....
                                  Yesterday, 10:04 PM
                                • Scopes
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  There was a time, a Weaver, Lyman, Redfield or Leopold scope was a goal every rifleman sought.
                                  Burris, Bushnell, Tasco and Nikon were considered...
                                  05-24-2022, 08:49 PM
                                • Reply to Scopes
                                  by Milldawg
                                  Agree it gets used a lot. But if you look what it actually it is being used for it’s no surprise. Look at what we expect from a very small package full...
                                  Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X