No announcement yet.

Drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No amount of alcohol is good for your health.

"Any level of drinking can lead to loss of healthy life, the World Heart Federation has said, as it sought to dispel the idea that a daily glass of wine may be good for you."

https://www.aol.com/daily-glass-wine...114306896.html

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
      I make a pot, 12 cups of strong dark coffee, before I go to bed. I get up and chug a 10 ounce cup of cold black with the morning pills. I do a half a 12 cup pot one day and finish it the next. Black, dark and cold. Caffine is my friend. Four 200 mg ibos are down the hatches every 5 to 6 hours. At least I don't shoot it up!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Caffeine is my friend, too, no matter what the doctor says. I freely admit that I use it deliberately to improve my mood. In that regard, it's a friend to everyone around me, too.

Old, cold coffee; that's hardcore. I make straight boiled cowboy coffee sometimes. I'll drink cold coffee, but draw the line at anything older than a couple hours. Reminds me too much of the old gas stations, before the coffee-craze hit in the '90s, and that smell of the ten-hour-old coffee just cooking on the burner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
        Dunkin’ Donuts cream and sugar ! House I have beans and k cups on hand and I know where every DD is in the area! Lol
        A rafting trip I used to do every year -- our take-out spot was just a short ways down the road from a Dunkin' Doughnuts. Even in the summer, that big cup and a Bavarian Creme doughnut were just the things after being on (and in) the river all day. Nine or ten consecutive years, we never failed to stop at Dunkin's before hitting the road home.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Caffeine is my friend, too, no matter what the doctor says. I freely admit that I use it deliberately to improve my mood. In that regard, it's a friend to everyone around me, too.

Old, cold coffee; that's hardcore. I make straight boiled cowboy coffee sometimes. I'll drink cold coffee, but draw the line at anything older than a couple hours. Reminds me too much of the old gas stations, before the coffee-craze hit in the '90s, and that smell of the ten-hour-old coffee just cooking on the burner.
          We called that old gas station stuff "roofing tar"! It's some raunchy stuff!

As a youngster, I got a job in New Orleans.
          That's where I discovered Dixie beer, Picayune cigarettes and Seaport coffee! 🤯

First breakfast I ordered coffee. The waitress asked, "Light or dark?"
          "Uhhmmm....dark."
          BIG mistake!
          Never did learn to handle the dark roast....or the Dixie beer or the Picayune coffin tacks!
          A month or so later, I visited home. Mom offered me a cup of coffee. It was just warm, light brown water! LOL!
          Even their "light" coffee was heavy!
          Never did have the nerve to try the demitasse! 😜

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

My "attack" wasn't "mild"! 🤯! ...but at the time it was happening, I'd have drunk (drank?) just about anything to stop the pain! Liquor, arsenic, strychnine, bleach.....ANYthing!!!! LOL!

First of each month, we pick a spot and have an "eat out day" and just go enjoy one meal we don't cook or cleanup.
            We ate BBQ about 1 o'clock, went home and unloaded our groceries. About 4PM, I walked out to check the mail and hobbled all the way back to the house! 🤯
            About 8pm, I told the Boss, "We're going to ER! This ain't right!"
            About 10pm, they finally gave me a diagnosis, a 'script for pain meds and a butt load steroid injection!
            By morning, I was no longer in severe pain, but I hadn't slept a wink! 😳!
            So, "YES!" If I had know cherry juice would have solved the problem, I'd have been chugging all I could have gotten my hands on! LOL!
            I've read that gout is so painful, you can't even stand to have a bedsheet over your foot. Is that more or less accurate?

One of my big brothers has had it before. I think he said seafood was the culprit. He's allergic to lobster, crab, and shrimp, so he tends to go way overboard when he's eating clams or oysters.

Comment

"... I've read that gout is so painful, you can't even stand to have a bedsheet over your foot. Is that more or less accurate? ..."

Pretty much! In my case, the steroid shot was such an "upper", I didn't sleep 2 nights in a row! 😳
              I was finally able to sleep about 4am of the second night!

Protein is the culprit that kicks in gout.
              I can still eat the protein (BBQ), but adding the beer is a big "NO!-NO!".

MattM37, I've broken bones, had several surgeries, thrown off more than one horse, been involved in head-on car wrecks, been in fist fights and had toothaches and kidney stones!
              NONE of them hurt me like gout!

Comment

When I drive to Alaska I take two quart+ nalgene containers of cold coffee with me. When I finish off the first one I buy coffee to fill the second. By the time the second is done the first is ready to chug from. That's the only time I buy coffee. I make my own when I'm not traveling. At least I finally quit the Camels. From what I've heard, nobody gets out alive!!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  When I drive to Alaska I take two quart+ nalgene containers of cold coffee with me. When I finish off the first one I buy coffee to fill the second. By the time the second is done the first is ready to chug from. That's the only time I buy coffee. I make my own when I'm not traveling. At least I finally quit the Camels. From what I've heard, nobody gets out alive!!

Let's GO Brandon!!!
                  Yeah, I had a pretty tough time with the Marlboros and Copenhagen.
                  I figured with the inactivity, the less I tempted fate, the better.
                  As it is, with hypertension, I REALLY didn't need the tobacco. The coffee is bad enough, but I'm just hardheaded enough, I'm not giving up ALL my bad habits! LOL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad