How come so many Mom's are arming up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come so many Mom's are arming up?

We keep reading about all the new gun owners. Turns out 42% of the new gun owners are ladies. My wife runs a ladies pistol framiliarization class, with personal instructions that is very popular. She has a classroom and a practical class. The ladies shoot a number of different guns and calibers. They learn how to load and unload different types of guns and how to tell if a gun fits their hand as well as how to control their firearm. My wife is a NRA certified instructor who has developed a good class utilizing lady instructors and running the class in a way that is non threatening to the ladies. They have multiple guns and calibers, multiple holsters, and instructors like female Pa State Troopers teaching. No injuries or ADs,
    knock on wood, and dozens of new concealed carrying citizens ready to be a part of the Truth, Justice, and the American Way crowd.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Hoorah for your wife! Back in the 70's, I was perplexed at the number of females who bought handguns and you could tell they didn't know a semi auto from a bag of Fritos.

Guy I worked with once was living in an apartment complex. Out by the pool one evening, one of his neighbors brought him a Colt 1911 and asked Frank to show her how to load and fire it.
    The next afternoon, he noticed a big "to-do" a couple doors down and recognized the girl who asked about the 1911 being led away in cuffs.
    Seems she caught her hubby cheating and did him in!
    Old Frank felt bad about that for years! How was he supposed to know? Frank, as good hearted as he was, was NOT a mind reader!
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 01-18-2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I'd like to think that the gals packing heat that my wife teaches are more concerned with ANTIFA and BLM rioters and arsonists than errent hubbies. The nutters that the MSNBCNN and the Democrats stir up are dangerous. The more people that can pop up and toss a monkey wrench into a car jackers day or a mass shooter the better. Col Colt is still equalizing justice after all these years.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Every year my Club has a ladies only day. They can shoot anything they want including full auto with instruction. The day sells out usually the week the date is published. algc.org

Comment

I have gotten two women started with firearms and instructions in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            Last month I gave my girlfriend a S&W J-frame for home protection and as a purse gun. It's loaded with Hornady 110gr FTX. PigHuntress carries the same combination when out but has a full-sized, high capacity 9mm for home. Gave my daughter a Ruger .380 because that's what she wanted instead.

I prefer the women in my life to be dangerous if need be.
            Girlfriend? Pighuntress? Am I missing something. So you are married and gave your wife and girlfriend guns. Not passing judgment just wanting to get my facts straight before I possibly lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

Girlfriend? Pighuntress? Am I missing something. So you are married and gave your wife and girlfriend guns. Not passing judgment just wanting to get my facts straight before I possibly lmao!
              Be careful, if you are having sex and you call out the wrong name.

Comment

Well, when you put it like that it does deserves a good laugh!!!! Fortunately, they both know about the other and have become friends. So, I should be safe as long as I treat them well.

PigHuntress was a knife person when we met. She had to stick husband #2 and put him in the hospital to stop him from beating on her. I made her even more dangerous by teaching her to shoot. But I believe deep down she's a poisoner. I don't even want to know what she keeps in that special hollow ring she wears. Just her personality.

Girlfriend grew up a tomboy and already knows how to shoot. She has a degree in history and WW2 was her specialization. Saturday afternoon we may go to the range for her to handle and shoot a Garand for the first time. Then we'll switch to tactical practice with a suppressed .300 Blackout. Who knows, one day she may need to watch my back and the rifle skills will then be critical.
                Oh ok well confirms it. You have gone off the deep end. I know a couple of guys who have tried that and it all starts out well and good. And then it isn’t. So the wife has a proven history of not putting up with someone’s crap. And yet you thought this was a good idea. But who I am to judge but i can snicker quietly. And think your crazy. Kind of remind of my buddy who’s been married 6 times. On his 7th now and thinks this one is going to end differently. And btw who the hell wants the headaches of a second one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	d2f1027f1517ea9fb13b783ba76d3fa18cf04e691c60059c4b9ceb7d552d9f69_1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	790087
                  pighunter's motto!

Comment

I hear ya. But everyone's situation is different. PigHuntress knows I treat her well and have never given her cause to think otherwise. It's her history with assholes that makes her appreciate me even more as a good man. I can honestly say I'm the best man she's ever been with or ever will be.

It was her idea to start down this road with her dance instructor. She's a very passionate woman but asked for permission instead of cheating. After some deep thought I gave it. He's a great guy and I trust him to watch out for her when they're together. He and I have shot clays and I've bought a shotgun like his.

I got the girlfriend several months after. Wasn't looking and neither was she. But it seems we're good for one another at this time. I've got no illusions that all will end happily with the four of us, but do know it's quiet an adventure and we're living life right now to the fullest.

Snicker all you want, it is amusing in several ways. I was married to the first wife 23 years and so far it's been 17 with PigHuntress. I've no plans to divorce her and if something does happen between us I've no plans to marry a 3rd time. The girlfriend is 19 years younger and we're having lots of fun, but time is not on my side. I'm in great shape for now but who knows what will occur down the road.

As you can probably tell, I'm amoral (ADJECTIVE - lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.) And it makes no difference to me if others approve or disapprove how I live. I don't get offended by comments like yours because of course you're entitled to an opinion and living however you wish even though it's different from my path.
                    You are living on the edge...

Comment

I hear ya. But everyone's situation is different. PigHuntress knows I treat her well and have never given her cause to think otherwise. It's her history with assholes that makes her appreciate me even more as a good man. I can honestly say I'm the best man she's ever been with or ever will be.

It was her idea to start down this road with her dance instructor. She's a very passionate woman but asked for permission instead of cheating. After some deep thought I gave it. He's a great guy and I trust him to watch out for her when they're together. He and I have shot clays and I've bought a shotgun like his.

I got the girlfriend several months after. Wasn't looking and neither was she. But it seems we're good for one another at this time. I've got no illusions that all will end happily with the four of us, but do know it's quiet an adventure and we're living life right now to the fullest.

Snicker all you want, it is amusing in several ways. I was married to the first wife 23 years and so far it's been 17 with PigHuntress. I've no plans to divorce her and if something does happen between us I've no plans to marry a 3rd time. The girlfriend is 19 years younger and we're having lots of fun, but time is not on my side. I'm in great shape for now but who knows what will occur down the road.

As you can probably tell, I'm amoral (ADJECTIVE - lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.) And it makes no difference to me if others approve or disapprove how I live. I don't get offended by comments like yours because of course you're entitled to an opinion and living however you wish even though it's different from my path.
                      Was not judging the morals off the situation. Just thought it was interesting. If it works for you then go for it. You seem to have thought it thru. And you hold no illusions as to what it is. If you have done that and realize what it is you are more prepared than anyone I’ve know who’s tried it.

Comment

The Oakridge Boys - "Trying to Love Two Women"

https://youtu.be/oBdGHJ0--so

Comment

When PH found he was in a love triangle, he made it a rectangle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad