Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were 158million registered voters for 2020. Biden got 80, Trump got 60. 140 million is about 90%

of total. that is a pretty good turnout. I don't see the claim of 'voter suppression'. do you ?

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...available.html

Biden got 81, Trump got 74. That's 67% of those eligible to vote. There are roughly 5 million that are not eligible, felons etc.

If you're looking to win elections, getting new voters is a great untapped source. Trump did really well that way in 16. I don't know how many I heard they just voted for the first time in their lives.

Suppression has been a tactic of Republicans for a while. First in all blue collar neighborhoods back in the day, and more recently in black neighborhoods. It's pretty effective. A good method is simply have few places to vote, if there aren't enough places to vote, lines get long, people get sick of waiting or the polls close while they are in line. If you know a precinct is 90% for the other guy, that's the one you target. 1% is sometimes enough.

2/3 of voters voted before election day in 2020. Making it easy to vote actually seems to help neither party over another.

Republicans should concentrate on appealing to Hispanics and bringing in new voters, I still think Rs are heavily favored to win in 24, but a lot depends on who runs.

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_U...ion#Statistics

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad